论坛

Disposal of Depleted Batteries

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Anyone has information on how & where to dispose of depleted/worn out alkaline and Li-ion batteries in an environmentally responsible manner in Kunming?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I saw a battery recycle bin at the Stone Forest. Only one I've seen in China in the past 4 years. Some of the locals thought it was an ash tray though.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I put mine in the recycle bins.
I am pretty sure that there are people who make a living out of sorting through re-cycle and if old batts have a market, they will find it.

I could just be dreaming though.

Pierre (46 posts) • 0

Saw a place once where scooter batteries were disposed here in Kunming, near the airport... had to fight the urge to hold my breath...
Batteries just lying on one big (3 meter) pile exposed to the elements (rain), with a small stream of liquid forming at the bottom running down the street and into the sewers.

Correct information here at the end of this thread: gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/1411/recycling_batteries

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Dianchi Lake should be ok to dispose of batteries. It works for everything else.

no way (104 posts) • 0

recycle bins? yeah, right! you ever see the bicycle
garbage patrol empty the green&orange bins? they
both get dumped into the same garbage bike.

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Following on Pierre's lead/link, I called the Oasis Gift Shop (535-8677) and the girl who answered the phone confirmed they accept used batteries for recycling. Thanks to all for your inputs.

Related forum threads

Login to post