GoKunming Forums

Recycling batteries

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

Does anyone know if there's any place to recycle batteries around here? I've heard that Wal-Mart used to accept batteries to send to a big recycling facility in Shenzhen, but this seems to have stopped. Any ideas?

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I don't have anything battery driven but it's a scary thought that 1.35 billion Chinese people don't have the option to recycle batteries. They'll probably end up in a landfill somewhere. Regarding the pollution here in China it probably have to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I'm not sure where they eventually end up, but the local tax bureau on Xichang Lu has a battery receptacle. I think they might be at various other government office buildings as well.

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

Xiefei, do you happen to know which district, Wuhua (五华) or Xishan (西山), the tax bureau is in?

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I think it's Wuhua, but don't quote me on that. It's right near the intersection with Ankang Lu (安康路)

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

Green Kunming would be happy to accept old batteries as long as they are not leaking or dangerous in any way. You can give them to the worker at the Oasis Gift Shop around the corner from the Yunda Paul's Shop. We will take care of getting them to the proper recycling facility.

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

Thanks colinflahive for the tip. I went to the Oasis Gift Shop recently and they do indeed accept batteries for recycling. This is a great and desperately needed program.

Everyone should save their used batteries and pass them on to Oasis Gift Shop when you're in the area. The number for shop is 5358677.

Related forum threads

Login to post