GoKunming Forums

Which university to choose? YNU, YNNU, KUST?

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

@Laotou: Can you even take language courses over in Chengong? I don't think you can at KUST.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Being far from the expat streets around Yunda is probably a good idea for learning Chinese, at least in the beginning - but it all depends on motivation and what you may want to do besides learn Chinese.

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

@mprin all language classes that are non degree are at the kunming campus. Degree classes are at chenggong for both campuses

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Ah ok, yeah, I thought so. I think it would kinda suck for a new student coming to Kunming expecting to be in the downtown campus then ending up being stuck out at Chenggong.

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

The chenggong campuses are wayyyyyy nicer. Just not much to do haha

kingofthekerb (131 posts) • 0

got a couple of friends actually doing the language course at the (super beautiful) Yunda Chenggong campus, so it is possible

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Actually my Thai classmates were out at Chenggong last semester, but i've never heard of any non-Asians studying a language course over in Chenggong unless it's a degree programme. They said that even though KUST chenggong's campus was beautiful and modern, they much prefer being in the downtown campus for convenience.

Related forum threads

Login to post