GoKunming Forums

Language exchange

Jessica_y (9 posts) • 0

I'm a Chinese.Is there have anyone would like to practice or study Chinese?I think I very like to know you,I also want a friend practice English and make a friends with you!So,let go with me language exchange~~If you think this is you like,please contact with me~~just send a email to me:547028336@qq.com

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I always get a chuckle when I see "language exchange". If you are going to do a language exchange, be careful who you pick otherwise the only language you'll exchange is the language of sex. Ha..ha.

Jessica_y (9 posts) • 0

Thank you.I hope I can found someone like me just like making friends and study.Are you Chinese?@Liumingke1234

No. I'm American. I'm not saying that language exchanges don't work, I'm saying that you have to be careful. If you are a female, I think you're better off with a female language exchange partner. The fact is if you're a halfway decent looking girl, if the exchange partner is male, the only exchange that will be on a guy's mind is the exchange of body fluid between you and him. Not that there any wrong with that if you want it too. Just be careful!

James B.C. asked: "Why not starting from language exchanging?
Here my opinion. I think you need to separate the two. If you want serious language exchanging then expecting more than that in the beginning will make it more complicated in the long run. What happens if you like her and she doesn't like you in 'that way'? Then the 'language exchange' becomes awkward. If you are looking for a girlfriend then don't mix the two. Find a girlfriend first and you can practice your languages together as you develop your relationship. When I met my now wife I really couldn't communicate with her but with time and commitment it got easier and now we have been married for 7 years. The bottom line is this: Do whatever works for you. Just my 2 cents.

Jessica_y (9 posts) • 0

yes,I agree with you.I will remember and careful.and I dont want a girlfriends and boyfriends,before I going to other country,I get many people's help,and make many friend in there,and now when I back I also want to help other,and myself also need to study,so I think maybe I can know more friend to do this.I think you re a good man.#^_^#

I have a suggestion. Why not try to get a small group (2-3 people) for a language exchange. There are always people posting for this. Instead of just one on one language exchange. A small group would probably be better to begin with until you know who's who.

Jessica_y (9 posts) • 0

Yes,I think this is great advince~But I'm not sure how many people would like to echange with me,I think if someone contact with me I will building a group,then we can practice together,do you think so?

Related forum threads

Login to post