GoKunming Forums

Fish 'n Chips shop

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I'm a little nervous to start this thread after the "Burger King" one I started a while ago, but...

5 mins walk from WenLinJie there is now a small fish 'n chips shop. Head west, over the crossroads (LongXiangJie) where the cinema is (was?) and past Robert's School. 100m on the right - photo and English sign outside - just before a shop selling milk. I went last weekend and it's a boneless, battered piece of fish with thickish chips and ketchup. Best news? A bargain at 16RMB. Makes a nice change from fried rice!

debaser (647 posts) • 0

awesome news. the options for fish 'n chips have been quite limited since the Samoana closed. thanks Ocean.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Awesome, It's been four years since I had some good fish n chips!!

I love fish, but I don't eat it in China because of the bones.
Thanks for the heads up!

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Burger King, and now fish and chips? Boy, if Taco Bell comes to town, no Westerner will have to eat Chinese food ever again!

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

I went to Massimo's today and had the F&C which came with ketchup ...yuk.
I asked them if they have other sauces and the nice waiter recommended the Cesar salad sauce, which seems to be homemade and has a nuance of ....couldn't place it taste wise but I would guess saffron [prob. just flavoring] but man that was nice and something different.

The dough was a bit soaked but the fish was tasty.

So since most F&C aren't really that strong in flavor besides the oil or the vinegar/ sauce you put on it. The Massimo F&C with Cesar sauce is worth a try nothing like back home but it works.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

By the way, that was tongue-in-cheek. I like a good fish and chips plate as much as anyone.

Related forum threads

Login to post