GoKunming Forums

language schools

wtf?? (11 posts) • 0

"So what you're really looking for is not necessarily someone who is certified/qualified/professional but someone who understands how the language works. The latter is not exclusive to the former."
——> 废话 (if you need a translation let me know)

"My suggestion is for you to spend a week or two teaching others and see how able you are. See how excellent and how adept you are at the craft, then get back to us. In all honesty, you don't sound very intelligent so the chances are you'd probably struggle with it."
——> Same here: 废话, lol why would I consider doing what I do not master or being what I'm not ? In contrary to many here, it seems ... Including you, in need to defense yourself againt (like Alien mentionned) what I (not only me actually) consider to be a crappy teachers. I never said I would do the job better than a qualified, unqualified or crappy teacher. I'm quite humble actually, in contrary to others here, Mr Very Intelligent! And I'm already very busy to try to help to find what is considered as a good teacher (qualified or not, like mentionned before)
And if you think one or two weeks are enough to really and deeply get in touch with the reality of teaching, I understand how mediocre you can be, sorry.

"Btw, obviously the school in question cannot hold onto teachers because it is basically not a very good school and this undoubtedly stems from a combination of factors, including pay and the resultant culture of crapness that it inadvertently aims for."
——> Which school are you talking about ? Who said it cannot hold teachers ?
You have a quite strange way to come to a conclusion! Maybe you explain us what's your mind's process, leading you to such a deduction. What was said here is how difficult it is to find foreign teachers you can rely on (and don't tell me about pay or combination of factors, like The Dudeson's said he'd be ready to give quite high salary if he could find the Mr. Right and not all those Mr. Smart like you seem to be —- and I said that I fully agree with him, but like others you obviously come here to dump your imbecility).

"resultant culture of crapness that it inadvertently aims for."
——> Lol again, you have no idea what you're talking about but still dare to come to a public forum to write such a baloney.

Btw, If you created an account just to come here to insult me (personal attack without me having even the time to disagree with you) and the school I'm talking about, by ignoring what or who you talk about, that's quite suspicious to me, and others maybe. Are you here for trolling ? Or to discuss wisely about an interesting topic ? Obviously not!

"Amazing the insecurity of posters who can't handle disagreement without either insulting or getting defensive, as if they have to defend themselves alla time."
——> Totally agree with you Alien. And find it pityfull to have to read all those trolls, mainly insulting and replying lots of nonsense (like I'm probably a Chinese because I used several Chinese caracters that I copied from the one alleging that I'm Chinese O_o (btw, I have nothing against Chinese in general) )

@Tonyaod
Thank you for your contribution (links), quite interesting, but wouldn't it be more interesting to read how you develop you own way of thinking instead of referering to others work ?
Btw, even I do not agree to everything (and that's my right, like yours is to disagree with my points) I found your your previous (long) post quite interesting, in contrary the previous ones.
And I hope it's not you or Dazzer created this new account just and only to come here to insult me here (and actually if one read all the posts it's not just insulting me).

Cheers

Dickory Dock (4 posts) • 0

Alien, what do you expect? If you're going to unfairly denigrate an entire industry, you're going to have to take the flak from people who know the profession.

OP, while we're discussing the credibility of foreign teachers, you completely destroyed yours by continuing to claim you're a foreigner. Your problem is that you judge everybody else as being as stupid as you are. It's a fine example of what shrinks call 'projection'. Another example: calling me a troll when I'm simply rebutting what you wrote.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Some people are just so delusional that it's scary.

......And why am I still posting? Damn it!!!! I need rehab

wtf?? (11 posts) • 0

@Dickory Dock, Tonyaod
OP was not mine, you guys are really too funny!!! Not even able to put 2 concepts together. Not even able to recognize who is the OPoster. Posting Chinese caracters and who is copying them from your post, telling that he is Chinese, wow how quick-witted, how insightful you are. You are big joke and make the entire community here laughing to death! Please keep on, so that we all can enjoy it. At this point, it is no more troll, it is a gag, lol

The sad point is how you hijacked this thread with all your rubbish and cut the quite wise, polite, and meaningful exchange that took place here between several well behaving users.

We'll continue to read your ineptitudes on the forum and snigger every single post you'll still dare to post ;)

;) means friendly, do not forget it Tony

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

* comment to the moderator: maybe it's time to close this thread or moderate it cause I spent nearly half my time reading arguments rather than solid topic contributions.

There were a number of things I loved in this including nnoble's comment about how qualified teachers tend to lean towards teaching and unqualified teachers tend to entertain. I have seen this happen.
And the Dudeson's comment about how this is a wonderful ground to experiment various teaching techniques.

Personally, I used to suck at French, but I had a wonderful teacher who was great at teaching. She added creativity to the class material (not entertainment). It engaged the students in thinking outside the box and apply what they learned, it helped me pass my classes.
To this day every time I have to teach I apply this system as I know just how hard it can be for someone to learn a new foreign language.

Related forum threads

Login to post