GoKunming Forums

where to buy a cheap bike?

summerface (5 posts) • 0

After just a week I'm already fed up by going to class by bus - I'm wasting at least 3 hours a day for travel!! Would therefore like to buy a bike to save some time and be more flexible (just can't understand Kunming's bus system..). As I'm just here for a maximum of 6 months I don't want to spend a lot, just need anything that can drive, could also be used. Who can give me advice where to buy it for little money? Maybe less than 1000Y, if that's possible..

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

There are a TON of bicycle-shops everywhere.
The bottom price for a very nice NEW decent city bike which is light-weight and sturdy is ¥ 360 (including sliding lock).

Prices might be slightly higher if you're downtown.
If you go for a mountainbike or something similar or something fun or a folding bicycle you're looking for ¥ 600-1000.

Just bought 2 bikes a couple weeks ago so these are the latest prices :)

dubwise (14 posts) • 0

There was a post in the #Classifides#Buy&Sell# section about selling used mountain bikes for 700RMB. You should check it out!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You will be looking for a second hand ebike then.
Make sure it is registered, and has all the paperwork.

Lots of bike shops on the Inner Ring Road South and West sections. Near where they cross DianChi Road

summerface (5 posts) • 0

ok thanks. do you know something about the prices?
and I heard ebikes can just drive for 20km until they have to be loaded again?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Cheap ebike should get you 30km. However, if 2nd hand you may need to buy new batteries.
How far are you thinking of commuting?

summerface (5 posts) • 0

depending on google maps one way is about 11km. but with some saved spare time maybe going to some other places in Kunming too would be nice, so 30km is eventually a little too less.. what about charging it, how can I do?

Related forum threads

Login to post