GoKunming Forums

Giving birth in Kunming

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • 0

Hey guys,as the title says,has any of you had a child born here in Kunming,and if so,what hospital did you go to,and how was the experience/procedure?

Any input would be appreciated,thanks in advance!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Answer me this. Did you do a search? No. This was talked about recently. Do a search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did in fact,the thing is,most of the threads were outdated or were talking about citizenship primarily.So don't assume you know what others do,if you don't want to help,don't even bother with rude replies.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I saw a new womens hospital,,"Angel xxxx) near the old West bus station, just down the road from Wen Lin Jie, looks nice and new.

You should go there to find out if they are open.

In China private hospitals in general give better service and are not so much more expensive than China's busy public hospitals.

For standard things like childbirth I recommend private hospitals.

Maria Womens hospital is also a good one to visit.

Thank you Yuantongsi,I will try to find more about this hospital on Wen Lin Jie;I heard a bit about Maria before,but not that much as to choose it over others without any more ''digging''.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

KunHua (local name) hospital. I think is the Yunnan Peoples No1 Hospital was originally set up as a womens hospital. It is one of the biggest hospitals in Kunming.

I spent some time as an inpatient in the new wing. Very modern and doctors OK.

I assume that you are aware that some womens hospitals specialize in OBGYN but not especially child birth.

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Also be aware that some of the doctors who deliver babies also perform abortions. If you don't wish to have your baby delivered by a doctor who also terminates babies, then make some enquiries. If you'd rather not know, then don't ask! Killing the unborn is a huge money-earner for some Chinese hospitals.
Just letting you know in case that would be a factor that bothers you.

Related forum threads

Login to post