GoKunming Forums

GoKM forum meetup?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Good point 123go - Should we be suspicious of someone who creates a new account called My3rdfakeGoKmacct on the same day they are requesting a real life meeting??? Why didnt you use your real account?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

< My name is real

I'm real, at least in the conventional sense.

I would like to meet one or two of the other real people on here, especially the truly knowledgeable and helpful contributors. If some time ago, perhaps a year, someone 'real' and a trusted contributor had suggested something like this I would have been positive toward the suggestion. But that time has passed. Now GKM is permeated with fakes, social experimenters, people (possibly students, inebriated expats, the bored) playing games and having fun at the expense of a worthwhile resource. Possibly it's being deliberately undermined? This thread is yet another reason to distrust or be suspicious of just about everything about GKM.
If I lost my password tomorrow I'd probably not bother to retrieve it, or at least, not until the vandals have tired and passed on. RIP GKM.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@nnoble I agree. It's just not what it use to be IMHO.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

half the threads/posts recently are by crazy.laowai.

several threads about dining going on at the same time seems rather suspicious. 5-star reviews for practically every western restaurant in the same week is suspicious. playing dumb perhaps to annoy people?

if several regular posters come to the consensus that he's a troll, you can get him kicked off the forum, no?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I do not like to assume, guess or jump to conclusions. I prefer to ask directly.

Am I correct to deduce that (My3rdfakeGoKmacct) and (nnoble) are one in the same?

Why the New Name in this post? Why didn't you just use your nnoble account whom we all know from the previous 195 posts you left here? I am confused.

My3rdFakeGoKMAcct (4 posts) • 0

Nope, not nnoble.

The reason I made a throwaway account is that my "real" username has only useful, productive posts, and I wouldn't want it to be associated with all this ridiculousness.

I'm hoping that by taking some of this offline into real life, it'll let some of our more frequent and opinionated posters let off some steam and leave the rest of us alone to use the forum to actually help us in our daily lives.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

My Goodness - The reason I made a throwaway account is that my "real" username has only useful, productive posts, and I wouldn't want it to be associated with all this ridiculousness. - Too late - you are already involved with all this ridiculousness, regardless of what user name you are using.

So when you wrote - I think we need a real-life meeting of the GoKM Forum all-stars. You are telling us that this post you created is NOT genuine, not productive - it is ridiculousness? These are your words. Are you aware of what you are saying here?

Great, make this more mysterious. I am sure the TRUST factor just dropped to anyone contemplating going to this so called meeting.

So who are the rest of us? - I'm hoping that by taking some of this offline into real life, it'll let some of our more frequent and opinionated posters let off some steam and leave the rest of us alone to use the forum to actually help us in our daily lives. - Are the rest of us, the ones who use crypto names and hide behind anonimity to set up meetings? Incredible! Hehe Haha!

123go (145 posts) • 0

I'm honored to be shortlisted. And it's exciting to find my name here after my disappearance from this website now and then. yeppy!
Forgive us for having bothered you signed up your 3rd fake account just want to point to us.

This is the 3rd, so you have the No.1 and No.2 fakes on this website.

Be careful. Ladies and gentlemen.

My3rdFakeGoKMAcct (4 posts) • 0

NB I know for a fact that there are plenty of others who post under fake accts.

Well aware of my hypocrisy on this. Frankly, while it's been amusing for a while, I wish you would all shut up and go away. Go start your own forum elsewhere to amuse yourselves with your flamebait, blather, and internecine crap.

Mods, feel free to please delete this thread, and this account, too. I'm done.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.