GoKunming Forums

Directions: forgive my ignorance!

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

I apologise for asking, but I was wondering if someone could give me some help, especially scooter riders. I need to buy an electric scooter TODAY, but as I just arrived to Kunming, I have no idea where to go or how to get around. Could someone help me to find a good scooter shop, and tell me how to get there? I can take a taxi if you could post the Chinese and English address, or if you know the way by bus, that is great too. Here is where I will be coming from:

昆明市官渡区云秀书院先策小学部 邮编:650220

Guandu District
Yunxiu Campus
China 650220

Thank you so much if you can help!

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Kunming brought out new scooter laws this year making the majority of the scooters you see on the street now illegal to register. If you want a bigger scooter that can take you around town at speeds over 15km/h I would buy a second hand scooter.

Where you are staying is outside of the area that petrol Mbikes are banned, so you could buy a petrol Mbike.

I do not mind riding unregistered. Ok thanks for info.!

roberto (24 posts) • 0

I bought mine in xi chang lu (西昌路), there's plenty of shops but you should ask some chinese friend in the campus to help you, you need to bargain, to ask more info and then try it on the road...

Thanks roberto. The thing is, I do not know my way around Kunming. I have no idea how to get to 西昌路. That is really my problem.

Related forum threads

Login to post