GoKunming Forums

Evaluation System for Foreign Language Expert

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

I've just been told by my school's admin department that I and the rest of the foreign teaching staff at our school need to register with a new program of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. The program has the inspired title "Evaluation System for Foreign Language Expert," and it requires users to submit their passport number and then, according to the homepage, complete a "resume, written test, and an online interview."

Here's the link:
evaluation.chinajob.com/IntlHR/login.php

Should we foreigners understand this program to be no more invasive than registering with our local paichusuo when we change apartments? Or should we be concerned about divulging all of this info to a bureaucratic agency charged with "evaluating the candidate's basic information and his/her abilities to become a successful professional worker in China"? Also, are your bosses making you do this too?

Ian_Kunming (126 posts) • 0

Don't do that crap, I've been asked by two universities to do that and never did, eventually they stopped asking. I also wrote a long email to these guys with a lot of questions (like who has access to this information) which I never got an answer to.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Realistic answers to the question in the link mentioned above by @hua052011

1 Why Did You Decide To Become a Teacher?
Could not do business here as I have no connections, so what else is there? And you gotta do something to meet people get paid, get visa, get accommodation. Also, I am cheap.

2 What is your teaching philosophy?
Show up, get paid. Don't go the extra mile for management as this then becomes the baseline. See also answer 8 iv) below.

3 Describe your teaching style?
Laisez faire

4 Describe some methods of "positive reinforcement" that you might use in your classroom.
If you finish this early you can go on a break.

5 Would you describe yourself as a "tough" teacher or an "understanding" teacher? Explain.
Tough. Give some of these little frackers an inch...

6 How would you create a behavior modification for a student with ongoing behavior problems?
Threaten to tell his father, if that does not work, pass the problem over to local staff. If I get it wrong I am in deep doodoo. If local staff get it wrong, who cares?

7 What are some ways you can avoid behavior problems?
Leave the bar early.

8 What have you learned from your past jobs that related to Foreign language teacher.
The main priorities are:
i) If you are white and breathing, you are in.
ii) Your face fits with the management.
iii) Pupils/parents like you.
iv) Quality of teaching comes a poor fourth.

9. Why did you leave your last job?
Contract expired, time to move on. A change is as good as a rest aka, I didn't like the management.

10. Tell me about your last position and what you did?
The minimum.

11. Where would you like to be in 3 years? 5 years?
Retired on a beach, but not teaching.

12. What made you choose to apply to Foreign language teacher?
I am foreign, here anyway. Also, see answers 1 and 8 i) above.

13. What are key tasks for Foreign language teacher?
#1 Don't pee off the management, then appear to comply but keep your own sense of sanity. See also answer 8 iv) above.

14. How to do each Foreign language teacher position task/function?

I can only guess this question is a follow on to Q13 above. Answer, kidology. Do nothing that will cause management loss of face. Appear sincere, appear to do a good job, remember that appearance is above substance (you can't beat 5000 yrs of it).

My cynical 2c.
Sig. Dave B'stard Esq.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Cause and Effect - The reason you are asked to do this is probably because you do NOT have a work Visa? Yes or No? The schools are all trying to cover their butts because of the recent crackdown on foreigners working illegally (teaching) without a work visa. Foreigners who can get a Foreign Expert Certificate are then Legal and can continue to work because both the school and the foreigner are both Legitimate.

Related forum threads

Login to post