GoKunming Forums

Where to Buy - Location

achan (3 posts) • 0

Hello everyone. I am living in Xiamen now. Planning to move to Kunming in the next few months.

I am looking to buy a place in a good area. Please tell me where are all the good locations to buy a property in Kunming.

Heard so much about Dianchi lake?

Please help.

Thanks

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

If you live by Dianchi - best to have a car or other transportation - also depends on whether you're retired or not. Dianchi is beautiful - clean air, and has a wonderful walkway/bicycle path along the lake - but it's a pain to get to from downtown Kunming. Pain to go grocery shopping without powered wheels.

Many expats like the NE area around Beichen. Lots of foreign restaurants, lots of friendly foreigners, very family oriented as opposed to the college areas. Only problem is the HEAVY construction which seems endless - so choose your apt carefully!

Other options are the villas just outside Kunming - but those also require powered wheels. For cities in China - I prefer apt style living for the false sense of security it imbues...

achan (3 posts) • 0

Thanks for the great information. Really looking forward to the slower life style in Kunming.

I have a car and motorcycle. Looking for a quiet place by the lake will be great if it's safe. Also heard about Dali and I am also considering Lijiang. Guess I will have to come down to Yunnan for a month to really get to know the place.

Thanks again for your information. Hope to buy a beer sometime :))

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Achan - well - if you'd mentioned free beer earlier - more people would've responded more quickly...i suspect.

Related forum threads

Login to post