GoKunming Forums

IMAX and Avatar

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I just went to see Avatar today, and I thought I'd give you the skinny on Kunming's IMAX and the film Avatar.

Avatar is currently playing at the new IMAX theater downtown as well as the Xin Jian She Cinema on Wenlin Jie. I'm not sure about the other theaters.

Though you can see it in its original English soundtrack, it's only available at Xin Jian She and only in 2D. That theater, as well as the IMAX, are playing only the Chinese-dubbed version in 3D.

The IMAX has apparently been having some technical difficulties, with Avatar's premier delayed by almost two hours, and the film apparently freezing and skipping. I'm not sure if they've properly fixed everything yet.

morningthunder (5 posts) • 0

We went to watch it on Tuesday at the IMAX and it was in English with Chinese subtitles. Are you sure they've stopped showing it in English?

Price was RMB 90, but this is only on Tuedays. Other days it is 120 RMB.

The problems, as I understand, were only on the first day, as it was fine on Tuesday.

It was certainly worth watching it in 3D, I thought it was excellent.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Thanks for the update. Xin Jian She is only showing the English one in 2D. Now that I know they've got the English one at IMAX, I just might have to go again...

Stephenkm (13 posts) • 0

i went to watch that on jan 6th, i didnt get problem like freezing and skipping. first time watching imax made me feel really good, now i am looking forward to the next imax film.

Related forum threads

Login to post