GoKunming Forums

Visa Information - Exit China or Extend?

kal1982 (11 posts) • 0

Hi All,

I'm planning to visit Kunming for the second time with an L Visa. The first time i came with double entries (2 entries, of 60 days each). When my first 60 days were almost up, i got a flight to Hong Kong, stayed there for just 4 hours and returned back to Kunming. This wasn't cheap, nor convenient, but it was my first time there alone, and didn't know what options i had and i left it all to the last minute.

So i just need a little advice, if i was to get the L Visa (60 days x 2 entries) again, is there another place i can exit to once my first 60 days expire instead of Hong Kong using air or other means of transport that won't cost too much?

Or is there a more better method to get around this exiting altogether? I was hoping there was a way to just arrive in Kunming with an L Visa that is just single entry 60 or 90 days, then extending it to a further 30 to 60 days once i'm in Kunming. Hoping this way i don't need to exit China whatsoever.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

explorerred (26 posts) • 0

You can extend your L visa two times at the main PSB on Beijing Lu for a small fee, much cheaper than exiting and re-entering. You can ask for a sixty day extension each time but they will usually only give you a thirty day one.

kal1982 (11 posts) • 0

Thanks for the info.

I can come there with single entry 90 days stay, so getting a 30 days extension would do me just fine.

What documents would they usually ask for? Because in some places, i'm sure they would want to see documents of where you are staying, bank balance etc.

Also, to be on the safe side, suppose i originally came with a double entry visa, do you think they would extend my first entry by 30 days so i don't need to exit, or do you think they would reject it and make me exit and use my 2nd entry up knowing i have a valid visa already. I just want to know what visa to arrive with, as i don't want complications.

I know where Beijing Lu is, i have been there before to find a post office.

Related forum threads

Login to post