GoKunming Forums

Settle down in kunming when not speaking Chinese... Help !

Bento (2 posts) • 0

Hi there !
I'm a french girl planing to come to Kunming, in the begining of next year.

First to learn chinese, then to learn chinese medecine... meaning i'd stay for 5 years at least... I'll probably go to the college of Eeastern languages.

Anyway i still don't speak Chinese and i feel a bit afraid of not being able to find a flat.

How did you guys do ? Is it not too hard ? Are there some tutors able to help or something...

Thx for your advice !

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Hire an English student for a couple of days. 50 kuai a day should be fine but make sure he/she knows enough to be able to translate things reasonably correct. Check out the classifieds. If you want to get an apartment here remember to bring enough money to pay 6 months rent up front plus an agents fee and a deposit.

I'll kick you off on the first lesson of Chinese medicine for free: Anything cures everything if you are to believe adverts and stuff like that here. It's truly remarkable. You go to a medicine man and tell him you've got liver cancer and all you have to do is eat a couple of dried seahorses and some tiger's penis. It's almost too good to believe.

xiangxiang (1 post) • 0

Bonjour Bento

Je voudrais bien t'aider. Je suis étudiant chinois faisant une thèse en France. Je pense que en hiver, je vais rentrer à Kunming pour voir mes parents et mes amis. Si tu as besoin de qqch, n'hésites pas à me le dire... Tu habites où en France?

Ciao

zlif23 (159 posts) • 0

Hi, you can have chinese lessons in the french institute in Kunming, they teach in french.

Website of french institute: www.fsf-cn.org.
I think there you could find many french and get help.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

On a serious note: My wife is a Feng Shui Practicioner and we have a doctor friend who specializes in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). They both love to share their knowledge. Perhaps they can help point you in the right direction.

My wife is Chinese - - fluent in Mandarin and English (she is also an English teacher)

It also pays to maintain a sense of humor around here - - and don't let anything local get you down.

Cheers - - JJ

mikeJin (1 post) • 0

when I know you will stay in kunming 5 years, I am very glad to rent my house to you if you want.

Do not need worry, to live in kunming is very easy, nice climate, and convinient supermarket. a lot of people can speak english, maybe by language exchange, you can find a university student to be your tutor without pay.

rollsroyce (26 posts) • 0

ouais salut bento ~

tu viens d'ou? paris? marseille?
chui un parisien !!! ile de france !
bref si ta besoin d'aide envoie moi un mail !
salut !!!

Bento (2 posts) • 0

Hi All !

Thanks a lot for your answers, everyone seems helpfull, that's so kind.

mikeJin, JJ and Janice, i'd really like to exchange with you by mail. My email adress is sarahbentolila(at)yahoo.fr

XiangXiang et Rollsroyce, je suis parisienne ! Ce serait sympa de vous rencontrer aussi, n'hésitez pas à me donner vos coordonnées !

See you !

LEON761212 (2 posts) • 0

iam chinese man who living in kunming,i like to learn french,call me 15198831137 leon

Related forum threads

Login to post