GoKunming Forums

Gaming laptop/desktop

miealex (46 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

Does anyone know a good store to go and find a gaming laptop or PC for decent money (8000ish give or take)? Maybe a store that can do a custom build?

I know there are a few "computer districts" in town but it all seems like a bit of a minefield and I'm not that clued in on computer components.

I'm up near Beichen if it helps but of course I'll go to wherever the best service is. Thanks in advance guys.

Lanajot (61 posts) • 0

There’s a guy on WeChat, JAG, that sells gaming laptops for great prices. You should be able to find him doing a search.

satii (82 posts) • 0

Powerful, pre-built gaming rigs equipped with i5 (even i7) cpu and fast GPU are well under 1/3 of your asking price. Ask a friend to help you navigate reliable Taobao/Tmall stores. Buying imported motherboard, power supply, case, RAM, fans, etc. , separately yourself is not as cost effective these days, even via newegg for the tech savvy.

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • 0

If he wants to play high end on 2 or 4k and have VR support his price range is on point.

My suggestion is to buy the parts from Taobao (local stores don't usually have good variety or prices unless they're running an online store themselves)and put the computer together yourself; that's what I do for my needs and sometimes for others as what the vendors advertise as gaming ready desktop/laptops are usually underwhelming and overpriced for what they offer.
Feel free to send me a pm if you need help.

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

also available bought a gaming rig last year for that price range. you can probably get better then that now. I know the district well

12 core 3.1g
16g ddr5 ram
nvidia 1060 Ti
1T hud 128ssd
I7 8th gen

Related forum threads

Login to post