GoKunming Forums

Long term health (feeling)

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

@mr_woggle ‘I always feel nervous visiting the dentist or some hospital clinic’. Many reasons to be nervous here but just see this one.
As with most things in China there seems to be too big a problem percentage when it comes to a health check up.

www.sixthtone.com/[...]
You’d think they’d at least be a bit tighter with regulations on something like health even if not with all the other stuff. But no :o(

So won’t be bothering with a local health check, always come up 100% fine in previous tests here which is not as comforting as it should be lol.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

An American friend of mine, in his early 40s, used to fly out to Thailand every year for a health check, and hit the beach at the same time.

dolphin (509 posts) • +1

Yeah, that’s scarier than any doomsday scenario my buddy peter could ever conjure up.
The clinic of bumbling idiots. Head surgeon Inspector Clouseau.

I was diagnosed with fatty liver oncel not sure what it means or how serious it is or what causes it or if the diagnosis can even be trusted.

Too much intensive cardio can be harmful.

Peace out

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I go to Chiang Mai about every 3 months.

Does anyone have info about health checks there:
Where specifically?
Price?
Time required for check and results?

dolphin (509 posts) • +1

As an added bonus, you can log on youtube in Thailand while you wait for the results of your medical exam.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

There is also the factor that worrying about it all too much (not saying one shouldn't pay attention to one's health) can make you feel bad about your health - also worthwhile to try to enjoy life and to adjust yr own behavior so that it does not negatively affect others - at some point we'll all be dead.
Note: I'm not accusing the OP or anybody else of anything in particular, but it's no secret that expats can develop somewhat exaggerated concerns about many things out of uneasiness with cultural and other differences with the majority populations around them.

@Allpage: McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai is perhaps not the best, but it is relatively inexpensive - I've had an annual health check there the past 2 years.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • +4

Even though just about everything became fake, falsified, corrupted and polluted - and fake became a norm - so, its exaggerated to be concerned.

Oh....its about “cultural differences” creating “uneasiness”.

Heh, what a joke Alien. But we know ur clan: the one that smashes symbols of compassion.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

Regarding the various posts about dentists, I have had good results so far with Berder. This includes one major procedure that I had done. In my visits to date, they have always had at least one German dentist on staff who speaks excellent English, as well as modern equipment and reasonable prices.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

With respect to medical screenings, I am puzzled by the number of people on this thread saying that they or folks they know have this done in Thailand. Can anyone explain what makes a medical screening in Thailand better than one at Grace Medical Services here in Kunming? www.gokunming.com/[...]

Related forum threads

Login to post