GoKunming Forums

Xi You Cave

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I'm sure I read an article or forum thread about Xi You Cave and how to get there by bus etc, but I can't find anything in the search function about it. Has anyone been or can point me to more information? Is it worth a visit?

diego (9 posts) • 0

I am not sure of the name, but i visited a cave that was amazing. Starts on the same road to Stone Forest. Huge, several of them actually, you take boat rides by the caves, several waterfalls and like ski lifts to return you to the beginning.

In fact I never recommend or take any friend to the stone forest as this seems to me as much more interesting.
Unfortunately I have a driver friend local to that area that took me. I mean unfortunately for others trying to go. (Stone Forest Envy)...

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • +3

From the Mian Shan Bus terminal take bus C10.

This is a good place for kids but it is a bit pricey. One of those places you only visit once.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +3

I finally got there today. I took the #1 bus from WenLinJie to Puji St. That should have connected with the C10 (the bus stop signs confirmed) but after 1.5 hours waiting I gave up and got a black taxi there (paid 40RMB but now I know it wasn't so far, 20RMB would have been ore reasonable). I think there's only a handful of C10 buses on weekdays. 100RMB entry (ouch!) gets you into pretty much everything. Lots of rubbish shops and plastic caves at first, but the actual limestone cave itself is fun (if gaudily lit). Avoid the free show inside the cave as it is just a sales pitch for calligraphy. There's a fun train at the end of the cave (10RMB) leading to GuanYing Cave (smaller and more of a Buddhist shrine). Then, the highlight for me, back down the mountain on a marble stone slide (5RMB) which can pick up quite a lot of speed if you don't brake with your hands on the way. All in all, a trifle naff but, as has been said above, fun with kids as a once-only visit.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

It's not far to cycle or taxi all the way to Xiyoudong (西游洞), I wouldn't bother with buses.

I believe Diego was mentioning another cave complex to the east of Kunming called Jiuxiang (九乡).

diego (9 posts) • 0

Yes after the descriptions and Voltaire's comment I realize i was talking about another cave complex. A geological wonder may I add.

Related forum threads

Login to post