GoKunming Forums

Officially approved veterinary

4kiwis (8 posts) • 0

Hello,
We are desperately looking for an official veterinary clinic or vaccination bureau in Kunming. Our cat needs to be vaccinated and a bloodsample taken to ensure we are able to bring him back home (Holland).
Does anyone know of a clinic or university department who is able to help us?

Our cat is a familymember for over 7 years and my children will be devastated if we are not able to bring him with us.
Thanks very much for your help.
Elise

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

I believe the clinic on Long Xiang Jie, the street opposite Wen Lin Jie is a licensed vet. I've had my cat's vaccinations done there and they're very clean, professional, and friendly people.

I'm not sure what their number is...but if you walk down Long Xiang Jie before the traffic circle, you'll see their clinic on the left. You can't miss it. Good luck!

4kiwis (8 posts) • 0

Thanks Tim,

I am going to investigate that.

A Beijing clinic advised me to look for the Agricultural Bureay.
Does any one know where the Agricultural Bureau is in Kunming?

design1 (4 posts) • 0

Hi Elise,

I must say: WOW. I really like it that you care so much for your pet.
I'll aks my vet next time I see him (got 2 dogs and 2(3) cats myself right now). Will keep my ears open.

Thumbs up!!!

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

timkunming is right on the money. Dr. Wu and the staff at Kunming Animal Hospital are compassionate and knowledgeable. KAH also happens to be the place to get official vaccinations for your pets. They have domestic and imported vaccines (the imported ones are from Novartis of Switzerland). Dr. Wu's great care save our little puppy from certain death due to sever kennel cough. That was nearly 3 years ago. Now little "Mixian" is a happy, healthy family pet living with my in laws in Nanning!

aandt (32 posts) • 0

KAH will give you a little blue official vaccination book, then you will need to go to the Customs Animal Quarintine office on Dianchi lu to get all the paper work you need for exit and entry to your home country. I took a dog to the US with no problem last year.

4kiwis (8 posts) • 0

I presume KAH is near the Wen Lin Jie.

Unfortunately the import requirements for the EU are different as for import in US. But it sounds that we can get official vaccinations there. It sounds hopeful that they accepted the vaccinations from this clinic in US last year.

Thanks so much. Any more good suggestions are always welcome.
Elise

Vic.B. (5 posts) • 0

hallo everybody!
i was in kunming for 7 months, but unfortunately i am back home again (austria).
me and my boyfriend bought a dog in kunming and we want to bring him here. unfortunately he has to stay there another month because ANIMALS (at least dogs) ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE EUROPEAN UNION IF THEY ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 8 MONTHS!
i know A LOT about this, so please feel free to contact me under:

---------> v.browneyes@gmx.at <----------

also maybe you cat, dog whatever needs to go to beijing to get the blood taken+send it to an EU APPROVED(!) laboratory...i can tell you it is VERY exhausting to do that stuff, but me and my boyfriend found a GREAT company in beijing, which did all the things for us...so they did the blood test and sent it to austria, vienna, there it was controlled and voilà, everything's fine. so we need to wait and then we send him to beijing by plane and from there we will stay in contact with the company, which will take care of him for several days and they will also do the DOCUMENTS (flight docs, health docs, etc) and then they will take our dog to the airport and send him here.
it is not cheap BUT not expensive either. especially if you SHARE it with somebody, like us. FORTUNATELY it's FROM china TO europe and not the other way, because it would be much more expensive. the woman of the company is very nice, we've already met her, so really please contact me --> i think we could really help you out on this one!

we miss kunming and send many many greetings to all of you guys!
enjoy it as long as you stay there, because at home...everything will be the same :)

xxx
Victoria & Cheng

Vic.B. (5 posts) • 0

also maybe you have to go to beijing to get the blood taken there...like we did...and in beijing we found this GREAT company which is a company for animal transportation etc....so we went to beijing (it's also possible to just send your cat - they will take care of EVERYTHING and you can TRUST them!)...anyway, we went there and they took care of everything, so the took the blood, sent it to austria anc voilà everything's fine. we just have to wait a little bit more and then we'll send the dog to them, he'll stay there till they have all the documents and then they take him to the airport and send him here.
sounds expensive, but it is not that expensive, especially if you SHARE the price with someone. we are students, so we don't swim in money...but if you want to take your animal with you, you just have to do it somehow...
so please write me, i think we can really help you out on this one!!

we miss kunming and everybody we have met at the shifandaxue, so everybody enjoy your stay, because back home it will ALL be the SAME :)

xxx
Victoria & Cheng

aandt (32 posts) • 0

You might consider contacting a pet relocation company for advice, there are several in Beijing and Shanghai. There is one that I found very helpful, gave me a lot of helpful advice even though I did not actually use their service. He actually told me how to do it myself if I wanted to, which I did.

worldcarepet.com/ - they have a Beijing office

If the process to the EU is more complicated it may be worth having a company do it for you, or it least walk you through it.

Related forum threads

Login to post