GoKunming Forums

Public fighting.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Difficult to judge without knowing what the woman had done.

People don't just get thrown in a car boot for no good reason.

The Chinese do like to air their dirty laundry in public, they seem unable to hold their selves back until they're home. Always thought that was odd.

Onlookers doing nothing, not strictly a Chinese only trait. Nowadays, people seem to think filming it is in someway playing a positive part.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Really? "The Chinese..." implying all Chinese behave like shameless trailer trash? These news clicks are popular precisely because they're NOT normal behavior. That and today's internet news is actually entertainment, designed to stimulate site visits and user interactions, similar to pigeons trained to peck a button for food pellets.

Thank you google click-ads.

@Michael2015

Ah, you've whipped out the standard ''By that you mean every A,B or C'' reply.

Micheal, of course I didn't mean EVERY CHINESE PERSON. It's a shame I have to explain this to you. If everyone acted that way I would have left a long time ago. However, over the years I have seen an amount, more than I would care to call average, of squabbles being settled on the street with a crowd gathered round and two shameless people shouting at each other. I have seen this less in other countries I have spent time in, so have made that statement.

It would be silly to include every Chinese in a statement of ''The Chinese'' just as it would be silly to say ''The Chinese except for ...'' and then list all the exceptions by name.

If you came to me and said ''I like sandwiches'' I would not think it inclusive of every sandwich. I would in no way think I could slap some dogmess between two bits of bread and you think it delicious. That would be as I would have taken a smidgin of common sense with your comment. Something you failed to do with mine.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I'm curious Napolean, what in your opinion would the woman have had to have done for it to be acceptable to beat her and lock her in the boot of a car? Something pretty bad I hope!

There is very little division between public and private life in China. Most don't see much difference between arguing at home and in the street.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Absolutely nothing justify doing that at all period! No ifs, buts or and.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

That is never the case liumingke. What if she had just inflicted greivous harm, or was just about to inflict grievous harm? Say she was trying to beat a child to death. Would you still not lock her in the boot?
However, I doubt that she had done anything that bad as those kinds of things are thankfully very very rare.

Some situations where it would be acceptable to beat her and lock her in a boot.

1. She had just killed someone and you were taking her to the station.
2. You were fond of her and came home, found a suicide note and wanted to stop her from harm.
3. She had set a bomb in your house and you needed her to give you the code to stop it.
4. She had just given you AIDS.
5. She had hidden the children and ran away, not telling you were she put them.
6. You'd just purchased her from Vietnam and she had taken you for an idiot. She was on her way back to the border and you hadn't had your 10 grand's worth.
7. She was on her way to kill someone or sell drugs and you had to prevent this.
8. She was a dementia sufferer and had escaped from home, she was loved very much by her family, who wanted her back.
9. Stolen something important, you and the police had been looking for her for a long time.
10. She was a fugitive, you were a bounty hunter, there was a reward on her head but she had to be brought in alive, she was not willing to sit in your front seat.

There's 10 reasons right there. There may be more if I put serious thought into it. The reason why this is happening to the woman is not clear in the video, but perhaps was clear to the bystanders who thought she was deserving of it. Or they could just be big Fleetwood Mac fans - ''Don't interfere in affairs of the heart''.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Let's be real... she most likely hadn't committed any of Napoleon's situations. It was probably a stupid argument that got out of hand. What would the cops here do if called?

Related forum threads

Login to post