GoKunming Forums

Air quality and massive plant death in Kunming

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

So reclaiming about 5 sqkm of the lake's area has affected the weather for most of SW China.
Climate change denial at its finest.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

The locals say a lot lol, a good way here is to spout a lot of rubbish then maybe you might be right 20% of the time ;)

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

They didn't bother just cutting back where I live. They spent yesterday and today ripping up half the plant life from my residential area. Half the stuff was not even dead and now the area is stuck with mud piles for scenery and the paths look the same where they didn't clean proper after!

Hoping they come back with at least some decent replacements.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Just noticed that they are uprooting the (large) trees on Jin Bi Road (Right in front of the church).

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Campo: They're clearly dead? Many around where I live were severely cut back and I couldn't tell if they were still alive or not, but at least half of these are now coming back. Not sure all of them will, though.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

@Campo yeah and also on Beijing road just south of the big church. There are green shoots and buds coming out of the trees but the decision seems to have already been made.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

If there are green shoots and buds coming out then I'm sorry that the trees are being removed. But then I don't know much about tree, uh...stuff.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

According to the department of forestry or some other government office, the trees being removed are not to be destroyed but rather to a nursery where they can be nursed back to health and be replanted in about 3-4 years. That is not to say they will go back to the same streets where they were removed, but rather, probably placed in inventory and planted where ever trees are needed in KM or the vicinities.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Anyone know why every palm tree did fine? Haven't seen a single one that got removed or trimmed.

Related forum threads

Login to post