GoKunming Forums

Air quality and massive plant death in Kunming

Long-Dragon (393 posts) • 0

See GOKM news article. I would suggest that hundreds of thousands of trees, shrubs and plants were killed by the cold. Air quality and air safety is going to be a real problem in the area without a massive replanting scheme by all. Yes some plants will revive. Some will be finished off by massive over trimming. The continuing cold weather is not helping. What is the government planning to do and how can we help?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

It's really sad seeing all those bushes and trees dead. It's never been this cold so long in the 9 years I'll be here. Hope that most of the tree revive when the spring weather comes back. Spring City my ass!!

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Indeed a pretty sad sight all those half dead trees and scrubs. In our compound they are now all trimmed and given an infusion of something. Don't know what that is but doubt if it works, probably just because the Chinese think an infusion is a treatment for everything.
Anyway this all is the result of climate change Time that these trees and scrubs get replaced with some hardier types that can stand the cold. This event was a good lesson in what can stand the temperature and what not. And of course do something about climate change.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Eyes climate change change is the problem. We should all go to Beijing and complain to the government, then they will immediately fix the problem.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Zhudan
Ha.Ha. Right! I've notice that they don't put blankets on all the shrubs and trees. They do it half ass even when they put it on the trees. They need to start putting some heavier blankets if they expect them to survive since it's getting colder every year. I'm thinking of moving to Thailand. I hate the cold weather.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Prediction: most, not some, will survive. Question what lemon lover knows about infusions or generalized Chinese penchant for same. If you were at home in, say, Adelaide or Copenhagen, would you take a climate problem that damaged trees in your particular city and claim that it would be dealt with properly or improperly on the basis of what you imagine is a national Australian or Danish characteristic?
I really get tired of this crap.
Long Dragon, you can help with air quality and air safety by staying off airplanes and out of taxis and private cars.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@bucko, it's not going to happen - I'm in my 60's.
We start to fart a lot when we're 60. Unfortunately we don't lose our sense of smell till 70.

Related forum threads

Login to post