GoKunming Forums

New Requirements for Foreign Expert Certificate

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Teaching in China is becoming a bad profession to be in. Too many hoops for too little pay

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Unsubstantiated rumors are just that. I would take any 'a friend of a friend told me' rumors from a newly registered user with 2 posts under his belt with a grain of salt.

On that note, I have a friend Who is Mr. Xi's personal golf caddy. He told me as of yesterday, any foreigners that have grown a beard or worn a scarf in the last 12 months, must register with the local Chengguan and help pick up trash on the highway or face possible deportation. ;)

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I see Canada is on the list of English speaking countries, yet there are people born and raised there who can't speak English at all.

They think they speak French but nobody in France can understand them either.

The Scouser (41 posts) • 0

In some countries Canadians can't get a visa for teaching English, or can, but with great difficulty.

That wont happen here, in China Canada is held in an elevated status as it gives passports out to anyone and everyone who wants one.

MrHiggins (3 posts) • 0

Hi Tonyaod,

My colleague was forwarded the email form head office. Attached was the document in PDF form, 3 pages long, from the government office in Chinese with an underlying English translation.

I posted here only for those people who are heading back to their home countries during Chinese New Year, like me, and can choose to deal with the embassies then, instead of being surprised with this information later on when returning home might not be as convenient.

I registered as a user to say this in the hope of helping, not rumour mongering. Sorry if it looks like anything other. If it was left to my colleague this information may not have got any further than the office.

I'll be going back to Australia to visit family but will see what I can get done about these documents while I have the chance.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I thought Canada was held in elevated status because it was one of the first western countries to recognise the PRC. It has also been doing agricultural trading with China since the 1960s.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@Tigertiger, It's more likely that the Canadian Liberals (also known as lieberals) simply bribed the Chinese officials.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

You can't really blame the government for making these new rules. So many wanna-be teachers / travellers / economic migrants / semi-uni dropouts have given decent western teachers a bad reputation. And to see good local (Chinese) English teachers working 3 times as many hours for 3-4 times less in salary, is always bound to cause a stir somewhere along the line

Related forum threads

Login to post