GoKunming Forums

Download US TV shows

rogertwotimes (49 posts) • 0

I would like to download the complete episodes of US TV shows like Modern Family. It is for educational purposes, and therefore legal under the Fair Use clause of US copyright law. Does anyone know of a website in China where I could do this, especially one that will display Chinese subtitles? Thank you.

Leland (17 posts) • 0

try youku.com and similar websites. many of them have shows, all of them with subtitles, and as far as i know you can get a free agent that will help you download them

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Why are you quoting US copyright law, you think that stands here?

You needn't justify thieving from Hollywood, just do it, you're in China now.

Try QQ, AiQiYi, LeTV, YouKu, TouDou, funnily enough they probably have all the necessary licences to show all the foreign programmes, so you wont need to flagellate yourself to rid you of the guilt of breaking any law. Also those places will have subtitles which will outdo the ones you get on pirate DVDs/

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@rogertwotimes, please see L.A. Times v. Free Republic. The educational use does not render it "Fair use". Downloading unlicensed material from the Internet is call pirating and very much illegal both in the US and China.

Just so we are clear, the fair use clause DOES NOT cover educational use. You are just kidding yourself.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I have been using a Amazon Fire TV Stick with good results. But then, I am in the US. It cost $40 USD. Lots of free stuff and compatible to Netflix content with the option to buy, if you are a Prime member.

Is anyone using the Amazon Fire TV Stick?

Related forum threads

Login to post