GoKunming Forums

Natural Spring-Well in Kunming

Alicante (2 posts) • 0

Hello Everyone,

I will be really thankful if anyone could share info is there any natural spring-well within Kunming area.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Many on the mountains - just follow the old folks carrying water back home. Tell us where you live and I can give you a place near where you are located.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Funny you should ask. I am now in the US arranging to import a water purifier to Kunming.
More info to come when I return. But this system can take Dianchi water and make it 100% clean for drinking! Needless to say it works well for tap water as well. This is a true purifier, big difference between that and a filter.

(No batteries required)lol

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Filter takes out particles, boiling kills bugs - what takes out nasty things dissolved in the water? Seems to me that's the only real issue, but I don't know how it might be done.
I just boil water, no bad effects for 11 years.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The water that people bottle off xishan and bamboo temple is natural, but probably not spring water as its just runoff dripping off the sides. Low elevation also, so still a chance for nasty giardia as plenty of people and animals still live above.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There are many natural hot springs in China, and natural springs. But finding potable water is a different issue. However, I have heard that it is available for sale. Sorry that I can't tell you where.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

tiger, I don't think the local bottled water is much of a risk, but apparently there have been brands that were not treated or derived as claimed. My understanding is that even these did not have nasty bugs, though I don't know about other contents - doesn't seem to be a matter of particulates, though.

Alicante (2 posts) • 0

Thank you for your attention,

HFCAMPO, I'm located in north part next to Yunnan University of Finance and Economics Area, Longquan Lu.

By the way we have some mountains just next to this area, I have to check surroundings, but if you know the exact place it would be perfect.

JanJal (1244 posts) • 0

Reverse osmosis is the technology commonly used, often together with filtration, to achieve high quality fresh water.

Outside drinking water production, reverse osmosis is often used to produce aquarium water clean enough to grow corals, or to desalinate fresh water from ocean water.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Reverse osmosis for purifieing water is expensive and wasteful. To make 1 gallon of water it throws away 2 to 3 gallons of water. It also requires electricity. Finally it also removes beneficial minerals needed in water.
There is much better ways to purify.
More to come.

Related forum threads

Login to post