GoKunming Forums

foreigners drivers license

sparrow (13 posts) • 0

Hi,

Could anyone out there give me some advice on what is required to obtain the foreigners drivers license here in China (with a valid current overseas license), what the test involves, where best to find information etc. please.

Many thanks.

hvaan (8 posts) • 0

When you already have a foreign drivers license then to obtain a Chinese license you only have to do a theory test. This will not cost you much. You will have to apply for this test/ Chinese license at the police center where the drivers licenses are submitted, which is at the Jing Ji Kai Fa Qu. At this location you can also do the theory test (but perhaps there are also other locations in KM). At this place you can get a book with 1000 questions from which 100 will be asked during the test. A min score of 90% is required to pass.

trout (1 post) • 0

hey if you want to split a taxi down there, im also trying to get a license. Apparently you need 5 passport photos, a translation of your foreign driver's license and your passport for them to process it..
let me know.

sparrow (13 posts) • 0

hey,

thanks for the offer but i'm a bit unclear when i'll be heading over just now...but if i find any other details i'll post them here for you.

thanks.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Complete information for Chinese Drivers License

Step 1 – Translation of current License:

The Translators Association of Yunnan Province - 云南翻译工作者协会.
#2 Guo Fang Road - 国防路2 – Is located on the corner of Jin Bi Road + Guo Fang Road. Go to Jin Bi Road - Mi Le Si Bus Stop – Bus: 4, 62, 90, 120, 148, A1.
Walk 1 block east to Guo Fang Road – Opposite of Xi Chang Road.
Cost: 40 RMB for translation.
Phone: 4145503 or 4196335.

Online Quiz - www.chinacartimes.com/quiz/

Step 2 – What to bring:

1. Drivers License + Translated Drivers License + Copies.
2. Passport and Visa + copies.
3. Household Registration form.
4. 5 Passport Photos.
5. 60 RMB for the exam.
6. 12 RMB for the physical.
7. 10 RMB for the license.

Step 3 – Where to go:

Thursday is Foreigner Day –

Bus A6: Stops directly in front of the Vehicle Management Station.
Bus: 3, 66, 73, 95, 107, 118, 206, 213, 229, A8, C137, K12 (Jing Kai Qu Guan Wei Hui).
Stops directly in front of the China Post Office – Turn right to Jing Kai Road.
#12 Jing Kai Road

Kunming Shi Che Guan Suo – 昆明市车管所 – Kunming Vehicle Management Station.
Phone – 7267863

Related forum threads

Login to post