GoKunming Forums

vee pee ennes

neddy (277 posts) • 0

Anyone having trouble with free gayte recently? Is there an alternative to free gayte?

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

You just have to wait a little while until a workaround is found. That's the price of free. I suspect this service in particular is being targeted due to the people who run it. I don't particularly care for them either, but it's hard to say no to free.

neddy (277 posts) • 0

Ah, so it is temporary ok thank you. I want a paid one, but I do not use credit cards, and Paypal just will not let me do it for some reason. Thank you.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Freegate is not a VPN, but a proxy. There are many reasons why a proxy isn't nearly as safe, secure or effective as a VPN. Better dig up 70 USD a year and get a proper VPN service such as Astrill, StrongVPN or one of the many others.

Also there's no real point in writing VPN in a funny way, it's not like they're not aware that there are tonnes of encrypted traffic going through their pipes.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

several of the astrill servers are going through china or in china or whatever.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Astrill also has servers in China, which makes perfect sense if you're outside China and you want to use Chinese services properly.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

As for payment, if you really don't want to use a credit card, and can't find a VPN that works with paypal, you can always go online and buy a prepaid visa debit card. There are plenty of vendors for that on Taobao because of all the people who want to buy US server time for MMORPGs or purchase other things stateside.

Related forum threads

Login to post