论坛

Google services no longer working

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

dogpile.com - it's a meta-search engine that uses google and yahoo.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I am with Magnifico, use duckduckgo.com if you don't want to use google. Their search results are top notch and not affected by advertising.

Also they pride themselves on not tracking anything ever, no IP address forwarding and no user state or user login forwarding. Especially good for those hyper paranoid people out there.

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

Ja, anyway i think this internet thing is bit messy. Download towns of commercials, always need a new version of something.

I dont feel they think much about ecology or providing a good service. They use band... so you will soon need to buy an expensive new computer.

This might not be related only to capitalism

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The government has stated that it knows the controls (general) are impacting on business, but they see the control of information as more important; or words to that effect.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

sorry, i take back my endorsement of ducduckgo.

i was doing a search the other day. i typed in "what is the easiest way" and got the following options from the scroll down list:
what is the easiest way to die
what is the easiest way to lose weight
what is the easiest way to kill oneself

conclusion: the programmers at duckduckgo are evil. avoid!

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Strangely - cannot connect to gmail on my desktop - but no probs from my mobile phone. Go figure...but google.com - times out on both devices.

Related forum threads

Login to post