论坛

Import foods expanded in C4 Nan Ya

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

coz people smarter than the rest of us hijack the thread to educate us mere mortals. an it gets up peoples noses.

blue. (170 posts) • 0

Dazzer is the same asshole was talking about malapropism 30 days ago. it was about loosers in China. here we goo

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

I just asked a simple question. Everyone relax, and go enjoy a Whopper.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Noodles weren't invented by the Chinese but simultaneously on the Asian continent.

The Chinese only troubled themselves enough to record basically anything that happened around them and thus setting documenting equal with inventing it.

Not that I am saying that they didn't invent a whole lot of stuff that changed the world.

Spoiler alert Baguettes and Croissants are not French.
Or Freedom fries, they weren't invented by ...well Freedom! lol

Why do foreigners crave for Western food? I think that is pretty obvious. I love Yunnan food but I would die without some western food.
It reminds us of home, there are flavors that we grew up with and help when feeling homesick. Plus a lot of western food is more balanced than Chinese food. And please I am not talking about fast food but real food cooked at home or in a proper 'real' kitchen.

Western food is more harmonious and better balanced. Most Chinese food wouldn't last with less than 5-10 different spices, buckets of msg, peanut or flavored oil and then when served dunked in an ocean of condiments or lajiao/msg mixes.

Don't get me wrong I love my Chinese food but sometimes it's just nice to taste nuances of flavors and not being headbutted by 'em.

E.g Mediterranean food, Japanese, French or greater European kitchen.
Also here not the usual greasy deep fried supects

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Most of the foods we crave, miss, whatever, will be in the 'comfort food' bracket. These are usually not that healthy, but often high fat, high sugar, high salt and could be referred to as bad food.
Many of these are based around the staples, in my case flour and potatoes.

I mentioned peanut butter as it has been mentioned on here before by at least one other person looking for an alternative to Skippy brand.

I am all for diversity, and that includes diversity in comfort foods, beers, and increased ranges of imported goods.
Some days I could kill for a pizza, coffee, cheesecake and donuts. Yes, all of them together.

And if you have kids, getting them out the door happy in the mornings on a bowl of cornflakes may be more effective then trying to force feed them breakfast noodles or baba.

Most of us know what is good and bad for us. We don't need the message being reiterated at every opportunity.

I like drinking to excess too. I know it is bad for me, so bite me.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

BTW, if I go into the non-import food sections of most supermarkets in China, what do I see?
Candy, jello, soda, cake, cookies, high salt, high processed foods. The basic modern Chinese diet seems to be as toxic as it is in the west.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

@Dudeson's, to the contrary, the oldest extant noodles in the world, 4,000 years old in fact, were found in Lajia still intact, and were made from sorghum.

Also, again, I am not against Western food. I am against crappy, processed, canned food, from anywhere.

As for me, I never said anything about nutrition. I am talking about the "quality" of food. People get all excited over Burger King, chips with ketchup, and canned peanut butter. Fine — they can eat whatever they want. But I do not agree that that stuff is "good" food in the sense of quality. I do not understand why people get so wild and angry because I say these things: I am hardly introducing some radical new theory: fresh is always better. Who can argue against that, seriously?

Related forum threads

Login to post