论坛

Import foods expanded in C4 Nan Ya

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The Carrefour in NanYa shopping centre has expanded its imported foods section, significantly. It is now 3-4 times the size is was.
The cheeses, butters, etc. are no in chiller cabinets on the import section.

A couple of new bits I picked up. Heinz malt vinegar, for the chip eaters. Peter Pan peanut butter, perhaps healthier than Skippy, no cane syrup (but there is still sugar) and less than 2% hydrogenated veg oils. No palm oil, which may be of interest to some. WARNING may contain traces of nuts.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

I truly do not mean anything by this, and I mean it with respect, but I am genuinely interested in knowing. Why do people get excited about imported, processed, canned foods, when we are living in one of the world's great food cultures?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I personally don't get excited either but choice is always good.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@mmkunming: I second your question, though there are a very few items that are worth importing (e.g.: really good olives and cheeses, mustard). But I have to laugh my ass off when I see, for example, US breakfast cereals at the Wicker Basket.

Alien, yes I do enjoy a good cheese for sure.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@mmkunmingteacher, you NEVER crave any food that you used to eat back home? and you NEVER eat anything except Chinese food?

and some of the items he mentioned are cheese and butter, which are hardly "canned processed garbage", as you put it.

Magnifico, of course I crave Western food sometimes, and of course I eat it sometimes. And you are right that cheese and butter are not canned. But most Carrefour imported food is, in fact, dried, processed, canned food.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yep. ok, what else? oh, noodles. let's face it. the noodles in "the world's greatest cuisine", as you put it, are no match for buying pasta from the imported food section and adding marinara sauce and sprinking some parmesan cheese on top.

no contest. if you want to eat noodles the way they were truly meant to be eaten, you have to bypass the local stuff and head to the glorious C4 import food section! God, i think i gotta teach you how to eat, mm!

Magnifico, I disagree. Noodles were invented in China, and in local markets here, you can get fresh (not dried) noodles that are much better than dried Carrefour noodles.

Related forum threads

Login to post