论坛

What has coming to kunming help you realize/learn?

lyl_lisa (7 posts) • 0

Everyone has their purpose leaving their home, or comfort zone, etc, what has coming here helped you learn or realize, perhaps value? Did it open your mind to start seeing life in a whole new perspective?

-Moving here has made me grow even more and see things in a much more valued perspective. Back in Chicago, I did a lot of preparing and went through many experiences so that I will be prepared enough to venture out into the world pursuing my goals/dreams...coming here has helped me develop an even deeper understanding of life in such a short time. One thing that has changed since i came here is that my family and I are even closer. It has helped me learn to value them more....and even though they are proud of me, I really miss them and wish they were here. -Happy Chinese New Year everyone =]

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Coming to kunming helped me to realize how the US isnt the land of opportunity anymore and that life can be enjoyable without breaking your back over work. Also, it helped me learn to be extremely adaptable to whatever strange situations I might find myself in and to take things a day at a time.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Coming to Kunming has made me realize the great variety of cultures, attitudes etc. within China and that the country is not nearly the monolith that many foreigners imagine it to be.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Made me realize I made the right choice in leaving London, Life has just got better & better since coming, amazing but it has :o)

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

It has made me realize that you can find your 'soulmate' even in China.

lyl_lisa (7 posts) • 0

Go kunming should make a like button available so people can like these posts haha =], thank you for sharing guys, I can relate to many of you.

onlyurei (33 posts) • 0

@lyl_lisa I'm like the opposite of your experience, a Kunmingnese and now a new Chicagoan.

18 years in Kunming, 4 years in Shanghai, 2 years in Bloomington, IN, and now 4 years in Chicago. I definitely share the same experience of yours - being able to live in different places across cultures help to make a better myself in many ways.

BTW this winter in Chicago is BRUTAL! First time in my life that I saw Fahrenheit converge with Celsius at -40!!

culture (51 posts) • 0

that you can smoke second hand smoking anytime you want, even in the elevator or stair way, also it is so much easier to get hitched, no matter how old, broke or ugly you may be........

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

@Culture LOL

It's made me realize that China has some beautiful places and amazing people. After more than three years in Hebei, I thought all of China was like that (polluted and filthy). Boy, was I wrong!!

I love Kunming!

Related forum threads

Login to post