论坛

Missing Home... Euskal Herria!

Inthelivinfor (50 posts) • 0

I love living in Kunming, but today is one of those days which i wish i was back home with my people.

Is gonna be a historical day in my country and a protest march will happen today..

Gora Euskal Herria! We are fighting against Spain and France, and their lack of democracy. We are claiming our rights as citizens, And i just wanted to share with all of you that today is gonna be a huge scenario in Bilbao.

Check some videos about Tantaz tanta: here is one in english:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn28ETl7Rx4

Shyam (244 posts) • 0

I had to look up Gora Euskal Herria, but I had a hunch that you were Basque. I've been wanting to visit that region for a long time. I had some Basque cuisine years back and love it!

Happy Basque separatist day to you!

Well. The march was a full succes.

130.000 people were asking for peace.

Today the Spanish Court has put into jail 8 people.

Spain stinks and the French goverment don't even care.

Ansileran (43 posts) • 0

And of course you would say this without insulting people from two countries...

Here is an other idea. Let's stop with nationalism, which has caused enough wars as it is and move toward a unified Europe.

To each his/her dream, good luck with the dual independence and fusion.

It is not about nationalism, it is about human rights.
A unified what? I guess you don't know what you are saying. Spain is a peripheric European country, and France has lost the battle with its left political party in the unified Europe.

No nationalism... No passport.... No countries===>ok

But if not I just don't agree with you.

May I ask which country are you from? Because if you believe that there is a unified Europe... whether you come from a wealthy country in Europe or from another continent.

Egin dezagun topa

Hil da Europa!

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Crocodile tears? In a similar situation I would be there if I felt so strongly, not seeking sympathy as an armchair warrior. Denigrating France, the whole of Spain and the entire EU is unlikely to win friends, let alone influence people.

I have not denigrated anyone with my words. What I said it is a description of the actual context(Spanish politics stink in every sense, and any local would be willing to admit it and the left side has lost the chance.... I have the feeling to be talking to extreme right sympathetics or Spanish people with a brainwash.

I am done with this topic. Agur

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

I quite agree we should do away with nationalism once and for all. A much more pleasant, interesting and peaceful world we will live in when we've finally dropped this nonsense. The notion of Country is simply a glorified tribalism and has always been the enemy of reason and rationality, as this imbecile has amply demonstrated.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@Inthelivinfor
Now that you're in China, perhaps you could take a look at China's long history - NOT to emulate how China integrates it's conquered populations (or in the reverse, how Chinese respond to invaders), but to study the strategy and tactics of war - to include passive war.

I'm not too familiar with the Basque separatist movement, but I do know it's been going on for quite some time. The head-on approach hasn't been working and will probably never work - based on western and central European politics - it usually just results in increased oppression, increased security, etc which is absolutely fantastic for politicians, as it gives them cause for increased taxes and oppressive, finger-pointing, inflammatory, scape-goat Hitler-esque style political agendas.

Protests are great to understand the magnitude of the popular movement - but it won't resolve the separation issue.

I've found that the ideal passive solution is to become such a foul stench - that they'll rush the separatist vote through the assembly.

As an unrealistic, but plausible example - utilize the Spanish infrastructure to engage in massive public works projects, social employment projects, etc ad infinitum, then default on the debts. At this difficult point in time - Spain can neigh afford another massive debt default - by pushing the region out - Spain would potentially be able to write off the debt default and pass the responsibility to your new state (as a condition of separation - although I'm sure they'll try to pile on other debts as they jettison your state).

I recall that Basque dominated region sits on one of Spain's borders - historically, these buffer zones are strenuously protected and retained by the parent state.

Japan used Okinawa as their buffer during WW2 and the Okinawan people suffered egregiously.

However - a change in tactics is surely called for - violence is oppressed and a separatist vote will always be defeated by the majority unless they're motivated. Study your enemy well (Sun Zi), understand their and your strengths and weaknesses (SWOT?), and maximize BOTH to your advantage in a controlling manner (Taiji), but the solution must be win win - but you'll be controlling the many battlefronts (location, economics, etc) along with the timing. This requires Herculean strength, patience, and endurance - but I know the Basque people group as a whole has all of these attributes - as they have remained fiercely independent as a concentrated people group, along with retaining their own language, identity, and customs.

Wish you the best and congrats on an excellent supportive turnout. The arrest of only 8 people out of over 100k is a phenomenal if not miraculous show of peaceful resistance.

Related forum threads

Login to post