论坛

Chicken Breasts & Pork Tenderloins

Shyam (244 posts) • 0

Hey Mag...I know what you mean, but that's why these noodles are so impressive. They are as luscious as those that come from this 3rd generation, Italian-owned place I've been going to back home, since I was a kid. They make their own pasta everday.

Also, the sauce is totally different than you describe. It's actually a lot like an authentic Italian sauce I first had back in college. (I went to school in a section of NY state where there was a really high standard for Italian food.) In fact, this dish has more of an oil-based dressing, than a sauce. Nothing watery about this, at all. (Think the type of clear sauce that Carbonara is tossed in...only with a red tinge.)

I almost imagine that these Muslim guys had a cousin that went to Italy and brought back an idea for a new dish. Give it a try. I think you might be surprised. (For 6 kuai, you can't lose.)

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Gompo, cats eat meat. It just seems like the "natural order" of things.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Hand stretched Italian pasta?

I've been saying this for years, any of these Muslim restaurant chefs could have a simple authentic pasta restaurant. Green,White& red sign and decore, a few spices, cheese and bread and charge triple.

Shyam (244 posts) • 0

You're not kidding, Mike. These Muslim noodle makers are amazing. In the U.S., they are virtually unknown. Back home, I could build a whole restaurant concept around these made-to-order noodles. I have a hunch that, as China becomes more prosperous and its middle class continue their desire for exotic things, some Muslim entrepreneurs will do exactly what you describe. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a chain concept (if, it hasn't already).

As for the meat, I've found that the chicken breasts are in good supply, as pre-packed frozen meat at Carrefour. I've only begun to look for pork tenderloin, but I get the impression that it is in slightly higher demand. (Though, I watched several people just ignore it at the store and take more costly cuts that would be considered less desirable in the West.)

Related forum threads

Login to post