论坛

Avacados, with a big catch.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Being pedantic, "alligator pears", not "crocodile pears".
And if you can sell them for 10RMB each, @blobbles, they'll soon be snapped up (...sorry!).

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

My wife ran into Wicker Basket's south store in Hu Pan Zhi Meng Xiaoqu, and they had big avacados for 15¥ each. They are the big green smooth skinned avacados not the Haas avacados, but they taste almost as good. Go to Wicker Basket and get one.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Oh, I was just told by my wife they call it niu you guo or 牛油果 (cow oil fruit?). I love crocodile pear though, much better!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

carrefour has packs of 2 for about 26 kuai. not that cheap, but ok once in a while. avocados are healthy.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

They had Avocados in Metro last week for 130 something per KG (cant remember the exact price) but they all sold out in a few hours.

zhulaoye (83 posts) • 0

Wasn't trying to make a paranoid foreigner getting screwed over post. On rereading it does come off that way. Just wanted some avocados so bad and suddenly had that feeling where your hopeful and excited about getting something in KM that you want and have not had for years. Usually can control that feeling. Will do better in the future.

Related forum threads

Login to post