论坛

Chinese woman electrocuted by Iphone

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

is there a stranger way to die than this?

www.huffingtonpost.com/[...]

Apple Inc is investigating an accident in which a Chinese woman was killed by an electric shock when answering a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging.

Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China's western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted when she took a call on the charging mobile telephone.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I find this EXTREMELY difficult to believe - to the point of not believable, based on the power output of the charger - more probable scenario - it was the power strip (extension cord) - and she stepped into water - direct connection to the wall socket...

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

I bought my iPhone3 3 years ago, and last year bought iPhone4S. I have never had an problems with either phone, whatsoever.

I have often answered my phone while it's charging and I'm still here to type this post. It's my hunch that there's more to this story than we are being told and I do agree with LaoTou!

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

I agree with laotou,
It's literally impossible to get a fatal shock from a phone charger, disregarding the manufacturer. We are talking about microVolts and microAmpere. And even if you get a good tickle from your standard wall socket you shouldn't get more than a electric shock plus the accompanied mental one (at least for AC).

So there must have been more to the technical specs on this freak accident, besides being an iphone.

Water makes a lot of sense since it lowers your electric resistance. Maybe she used one of the HD industrial sockets, or plug in a multitude of extensions cords.

Most apple products are substandard quality, service is complete crap, just very, very expensive toys...the only thing it has I admit is a very appealing design.

I had an ipod for 3 weeks and everything was terrible from hardware to itunes, I gave it to our cleaning lady and even she sold it got a cheaper chinese MP3. Thats in short what apple is in my humble opinion.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

And next up on tomorrows news today, man eaten alive by rabid cockroaches, a woman whose alien husband throws parties on the moon and a child who is slowly turning into a tree. Go f**k yourself San Diego.

Related forum threads

Login to post