论坛

Where to find Bubble wrap near Green Lake?

geekrider (28 posts) • 0

I searched the forum and it would appear that no one has had luck finding this stuff. Oh well, good ol' newspapers will have to suffice.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

I tried to find some a month or so ago without success.

What I used instead were some pieces of Styrofoam that had originally been packing material for some sort of consumer electric appliances. I found some that had been discarded in back of a Carrefour store one day.

This stuff is very light and not difficult to find. Lots of the paper recycling guys riding around on three wheel bikes have some of it as well as their usual cardboard and newsprint. They will sell it cheap "retail" by the piece instead of having it weighed in with the rest of their haul at the end of the day. Offer 5 or 10 kuai.

I was shipping a clay teapot and was able to wedge this all around it when completing the shipping box at the post office. Got to admit that I don't know yet whether the parcel arrived intact or not. Best I could do.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

taobao. Look for this: 泡沫包装 (pàomò bāozhuāng)

Buy it by the meter AND it's delivered to your door (or guard).

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

Thanks, that looks like the thing to do. I really need to learn how to use Taobao. So many times it would be convenient. A pity I am so damned retarded.

Related forum threads

Login to post