论坛

Missionaries using GoKunming to recruit???

Lorena (58 posts) • 0

Has anybody else received wierd emails through your GoKunming account like this?

Hello My Dear,
How are you today? And how about your family? I hope all is well if so thanks to God Almighty, My name is miss Mildred (mildredbenson50@gmail.com),I am more than happy to contact you through your profile here and I really want to have a good friendship with you. Beside i have something very important to disclose with you, but I found it difficult to express myself here.I will be very happy,If you can get back to me, through my e-mail address(mildredbenson50@gmail.com) So we can get to know each other better,and i will give you my pictures and all so tell you more about my self, Yours new friend Mildred and GOD bless (mildredbenson50@gmail.com).

Pardon my French, but... what the fuck???!!!

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

What makes you think it's missionaries - - my info is it's another of the "Nigerian Scams" - - and next thing they'll ask is your bank account info.

Lorena (58 posts) • 0

Potato-potato, what my "what the fuck" means is "WHY am I receiving this kind of creepy, useless, unwanted spam through my GoKunming account"? >Question directly asked to the GoKunmig people.
And sorry if you take it personally, but if it was missionaries it would be just as wrong.

LouieK (33 posts) • 0

The email seems very vague. Although I can see how you may interpret it as missionary work, it is not definitive.

However with my limited experience here, I have heard of quite a few groups and individuals with missionary means thru channels such as networking or enterprising. Not surprising, in my view.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Hi Lorena,
Sorry to hear about the messages you received.
I dunno how long you are in KMG but I have to tell you, you better get used to the God-Jockeys. This is one of the most missionary infested places in China, the idea that people have their home grown religions here doesn't fit most of the religious leaders overseas.

So they send their Army(s) of God(s), fortunately illegally (...praise god for that, no pun intended) to correct what they think is wrong, and meanwhile, doing very well in the more earthly matters.

So I can only give the advise to get used to it, this is prime real estate for preachers here and the Kumnming market is hot. So many people to be guided away from the "Wrong" path.

You could also report it to certain government offices in China and get them deported but a new contingent is just waiting back oversea to jump in. But even I (contra-missionary) considers that as unethical. Plus they sit in Commerce Chambers and Embassies, you don't want to get on their radar.

Besides, the Jesus-Rangers, it could also be just the 'normal' spam I got some weird emails as well, about helping some boy somewhere in Nepal. I checked the email account online and it was marked a spam all over the continent.

Don't want to offend anyone with the terms I use. They just sound funny. I am born Christian as well....so I think I have to deal with it later in purgatory... :) and they are synonymous for all religious groups...

Lorena (58 posts) • 0

Aaaaagh (looong sigh...)

Dudeson's, you are so pretentious and paternalistic, that I am not going to bother explaining to you how and why...

I DO NOT INTEND TO GET USED TO ANYTHING AT ALL, I have had a GoKunming account since 2006 and this is the FIRST TIME I get unwanted spam. What I want is not to get explained what it is and what it isn't, I WANT IT FIXED!!!

My apologies, Lorena....
I recommend then the contact function instead of posting a thread. A forum might not be the best place if you don't want answers like mine or others.

If you really just want an answer to your OP...here you go.

"YES!"....lol

blueice (73 posts) • 0

I haven't received any strange emails through my account (yet!). So, I don't know why "mildred" chose to befriend you. I'm almost curious as to what pictures and future email correspondence "mildred" plans to send to you (hopefully no viruses!).

Spam is always unfortunate, often annoying, but at best cheap entertainment?

Thanks for posting. I just have one question, was the message sent straight to the email address you have associated with your GK account, or is it in your private messages inbox on the GK site?

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.