论坛

New visa rules for Chinese visas

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Wow, oh sorry didn't know it's competition again. What if I can only provide 11 new ones, will I lose.
As you probably read I agreed with most of them but also they are equally existing in China but since they are not most likely to look good in a any official report many are not even officially released.

Prison population?

A problem in China as well, plus the treatment in China is pretty bad.

Violent Crime? check the news (chinese language, blogs)

Mental Illness? You wouldn't believe what is/was a mental illness in China and what not.

Drug abuse? Yeah good that in Yunnan has no drug problems, it's very famous for that. :D

Population on Psychotropic Drugs? See above...

Effectiveness of Education? ...China has a very ineffective education system in terms of hours of study to results in exams. Plus effectiveness is not China's biggest stregth in education.
That's probably subject for a new OP.

Govt Corruption? There is an organisation that releases a CPI-report annually...check it out. (even thoguh they are all under criticism but give a rough idea)

Wars of Aggression? China doesn't have that anymore but for sure the gov has the hands on some of the resources in Africa and Asia

Mass Shootings? dunno but mass killings for sure

Police Brutality? ....hahah maybe not but even worse, cops that don;t do a thing.

Barium/ pollution? Check out a place called Linfen in China....Barium and Alluminium is nothing against what goes on over there.

The additional ones are....you really need me to point them out, the unspoken ones?

-The facebook not opening issue. :)
-People of unharmonious thinking going for lifelong vacations without sending postcards.
-Strong gravity leading to falling prisoners (from beds and toilets) in certain prisons.
-The selfles harmonious love to all minorities especially the ones in certain directions of the compass.
-Artist forgetting to pay their taxes (that almost didn't exist, previously) especially if they draw unharmoniuos pictures.

Just to name a few, am I back in the game or do I need to prove myself more? I can name more if really needed.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

It turns out the "new" visa requirements were published on June 21, 2012 by the China Embassy in Washington.

If you take the time to look and read the "new" rules, you would see that there are three alternative requirements only one of which is needed:

One of the following documents is required:
- An Invitation Letter for Tourist Group of Invitation Letter for Tourist by a Duly Authorized Tourism Unit;
- An Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.
- photocopy of the roundtrip airline ticket and hotel reservation.

www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/

@HFCAMPO post..:
"What is the connection between some individuals making (Pro + Con) comments on this forum + GoKunming?"

Look i was kidding in the gun forum. Gokunming is not working together with the Chinese Secret Service to scan our brains for unharmonious thoughts. lol

So I guess we have to assume that some people here just write their opinions about something Pro or Contra. And that some Gokunming members post occassionally (just a guess) but not everyone here is 'working' for GoKMG....
Plus it's a forum, so who cares if a Pro or Con is from a GoKMG or a buddy of the GoKMG Team, if they have so little self respect to write the opinion of someone else, it still wouldn't matter, would it?.....

They have the Admin rights so I guess thay can basically do whatever they want...

Dunno about you guys but I think GoKMG does a good job and I haven't seen any GoKMG opinion influence by anyone, but I have to admit I didn;t bring my Conspiracy Goggles. :D

If that is what you meant?

Moderator (46 posts) • 0

This forum thread is already in danger of being locked. Please remain on topic and avoid personal attacks. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be deleted.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

Application of rules can also be retaliatory.
In 2005 visa on Entry was introduced, but seemed to be discretionary. There was a political spat with the USA and US Citizens were turned away on entry to Shanghai, if they did not have a visa, and they were denied visa on entry.

@Moderator
Sorry I was making an ironic comment in another forum that was misunderstood. I thought it to be more than obvious to be a joke (obviously not obvious enough)

My apologies....and thanks for reminding me (us)
A Dudeson

Sidenote:
I invited a friend to visit me this month on a tourist Visa.
It needed an invitation letter from me which was a very simple template stating my name, passport no. & visa no.travel period, who's paying for additional costs, address, occupation, and the guest's info.

My friend just needed a correctly filled application form, the invitation letter, his photo, the visa fee, (no need for itinerary or hotel bookings).
They even accepted a scanned version of the invitation paper. so no need to mail the hard-copy.

In short..... for tourist visa, I can't say that it was anymore difficult to get L-Visa in august, than it was in the past.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Moderator

Thanks. As the OP. you can close this thread as far as I am concerned.

There is a multi-thread pissing contest going on and it is becoming a waste time to use these forums.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Dazzer

I was wondering if Obamarx had done something to affect Chinese that apply for US visas. I haven't found information on other Chinese embassy websites.

Seems to me the visa runners will have a problem. That, or a work around will defeat the purpose of the one-of-three requirement. Last L visa I got was in Laos, just handed in the application and got the visa the next day, 2010.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.