论坛

New Airport Hotels

ambelu (4 posts) • 0

With the new Airport opening June 28th, does anyone know if there are any hotels nearby? It would be nice if they planned for this. I have an early morning flight in early July and since this is all new I want to allow plenty of time, and stay as close as possible.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

You could also consider to stay in the city near the subway to the airport. Its only 22 something minutes to the airport by subway,,according to the news.

There is still a LOT of confusion about what will happen in the first 10 days of new airport operation

ambelu (4 posts) • 0

The confusion is what I am afraid of. I am sure it will be part of the deal, so I want to minimize and plan for it as much as possible. I'm going to have to be there pretty early in the morning. So is the subway new also, or has it been operating for a while. Can you give me any hotel suggestions within walking distance (with luggage and kids) to the subway, or would it be less mafan to just take a taxi? Do you have an address to where you can get on the subway to the airport?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Please do a recon of the train and the new airport and surrounding area on June 29, and then let us all know what you discovered. Nothing beats a dry run of your trip to the airport to know exactly what to expect. I am eager to learn of your experiences.

ambelu (4 posts) • 0

I'd love to do that for everyone. However, I live two hours outside Kunming by bus, so I don't think I will be doing that. If anyone else would like to scope things out and report back, I'm sure that there are a lot of people who would appreciate it.

ambelu (4 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG thanks for the helpful info. I may try that. My Chinese is limited, so do you know if there is an English option? I could tell them that I want to go to the airport, but I may not be able to tell them where I am.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Never tried that hotline number, so I can't say. Seems the hotline is new and untested like the airport, so caveat emptor.

When I can't speak the Chinese location, I tend to ask if I can send a sms or have a helpful Chinese neighbor handy.

I might bike out to the new airport later this week (weather depending). I'll post what I find out.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@Ambelu

If you cannot pre-book the taxi, and even if you do, make sure to tell the taxi driver the NEW AIRPORT and the DISTRICT. There is a risk that a tired driver on autopilot, or an inexperienced driver, will take you to the site of the old airport.

Related forum threads

Login to post