论坛

Software for learning Chinese?

orange_km (1 post) • 0

Which programs do you recommend for learning Chinese on a laptop?
I know Rosetta Stone is supposed to be good...any others?
Obviously, you can't just learn Chinese from software, but it seems like a good way to support your studies.

roberto (24 posts) • 0

Hi,
Belenet looks like a useful tool, just i got only 3 groups of 2 lessons each, is that because of the free version? do u know more about it?
I personally use www.iknow.jp that's a very useful website based on different levels, the only problem is that it's an online sw and it's vey slow in china, but if you use the version for smartphones things go better...
Also Anki is a good program, it's a database with different languages tools inside, the chinese is not the best but at least once you downloaded you don't need internet to use it..
Do you guys have more sw in mind? Personally they are better than reading books or going to school, but it's only my opinion...

LaoBenDan (39 posts) • 0

I quite like nciku.com which is a free online dictionary site with clever training extensions, HSK tests. There are paid addons for your iPhone and Android things.
While nciku is for serious studies, more fun comes with the paid podcast site chinesepod.com. Their many 20 minutes takes are designed to memorize everyday's colloquial Chinese terms. It is good value for money, check out the prices and discount options.

Related forum threads

Login to post