论坛

where to buy good red wine

BarbaraBarbara (63 posts) • 0

Looking for decent reasonably priced wine?

So are we.
This week we will discount all our Chilean sauvignon blanc wines. These wines will be available on Saturday 6pm + for 60 rmb a bottle. One is an old favourite and the other of is new so we look forward to hearing your comments/
Also on April 21, 7pm, we're having a tasting of wines from Sapore Italia, the Italian food and wine importer. Francesca will introduce the wines and they will be specially priced for the evening. Of course we'll put out some tapas style foods to complement the wines. A great opportunity to find out about some new wines.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

A simple rule is: Produced and bottled at the chateau or vineyard.

Avoid...

Product of ....(region or country) .........

Imported and bottled by....(agents)

It helps if you can read Spanish or French

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Not a big wine conu,, conneis,, fan, but you rarely miss on medium priced Spanish or Chilean reds. I find Italian and French wine to be too dry generally. Metro has some excellent South American reds at reasonable prices.

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

I am a bit of a wine connoisseur, and I do hope I can find good Bordeaux in Kunming.

Maria121 (3 posts) • 0

I love red wine Merlot the most and joined the wine club last month to have different tastes of wine without any problem.

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

There is a shop called Jianshang Famous Wine Shop Yinhai Shop. It is close to the intersection of Guannan Lu and Rixin road. It is a nice lady who has a wine room, with some very decent French and Italian wines, and I think of few Spanish bottles, too. Just do not be surprised at the outrageous prices. But in terms of pure quality (not selection, and not price), it is the best I have found so far in Kunming. That's not saying much.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The Walmart on the SW corner of Remin and Huancheng, just remodeled their wine display, and has a decent selection of foreign wines for any Walmart I have ever been too. There was a 298rmb bottle of Chilean Pinot Noir that looked very good. They also had an 18rmb bottle of Spanish red from La Mancha. Didn't buy either, so let me know if you try them.

There are two Walmarts on that intersection, so make sure you hit the SW corner one. Not recommending this over Metro, but maybe closer for some people.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I don't agree with Hazelnut. There are some decent wines for 60 rmb. It's not like the cheap wine that comes in cardboard boxes for a dollar.

I think most wine drinkers are snobs anyway and most wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 60 rmb bottle and a 600 rmb bottle if blindfolded.

Related forum threads

Login to post