论坛

Fabric stores? Baskets?

Kailua (5 posts) • 0

Can you tell me where some fabric stores are? I purchased some furniture that need chair pads and want to get some fabric and stuffing material. I've seen many curtain stores, but looking for a place to purchase a variety of fabrics for decor, not just curtain material. The small samples they have are not enough for me to get a good picture of the fabric patterns. Also, if they sew items according to my specifications, that would be great.

Also, I am looking for a variety of baskets made of natural materials, not pink and yellow plastic.

Any help is appreciated!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Not sure where it is, but you need to find the local fabrics market. I have used these in other cities and they will make anything you want from any materials you choose. There are numerous seamstresses in and around these markets.

Have you tried around the bird market area for baskets?

There is also a huge wholesale market about 10+ km south of the city. Can't remember where. But is sells everything.

somenick (107 posts) • 0

Tiger, the wholesale market you're talking about is south-east of Kunming, ~1km south of the intersection of Guangfu and Caiyun road. It's a huge place, they do have everything, but not sure about furniture. There's furniture market not far away in the same area, on Caiyun road, about ~3 km north of the intersection with Guangfu. Somewhere near Carrafour, on the other side of the highway.

Jiejie (1 post) • 0

The south wholesale market is the New Luosiwan.
The following 13 bus lines have been adjusted to depart from the new Luosiwan Bus Station: No.C4,C5,C6,C7,C12,C13,C14,178,179,165 and 154. Besides, the newly-opened No.186,190, 902 & 904. Running from 07:00-19:00. Busfare is 3yuan.

Related forum threads

Login to post