论坛

Visa extension in Chiang Mai, Thailand

jiangwu (33 posts) • 0

I need to leave the country to change my visa into a work visa. I've been told to go to Hong Kong but I would much rather go to Thailand. Has anyone got any experience in sorting out their worki visa in Chiang Mai, Thailand?

thanks guys,

no way (104 posts) • 0

yes, got my z-visa in chiang mai last june. fast and efficient.
no problems at all. there's a clinic attached to sripat hospital
(15 minute walk from the consulate) where you can get your
medical report done for around $30. remember that the

invitation letter must state that you will apply for your visa
in thailand. pm me if you need more info.

dashpierce (10 posts) • 0

this forum came up at a great time. i am going to thailand this weekend to change my visa over to Z, but I had planned to go to Bangkok. Chiang Mai works a lot better for me because I'm flying there first anyway. How long did it take to process in chiang mai? thanks for the help

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

We did L class visas in Chiang Mai last November. The consulate was very efficient - but.....
1. Standard time for completion is on the 4th day. You can pay a fee for faster service, including same day.

2. When we were there the consulate was closed on what would have been the 4th day. Not sure why.

3. Be careful getting there. I had a TukTuk driver who thought I said 'Condo', not 'Consulate' and got driven all over the place. This was critical since I was trying to get there before closing time on the only day I could go.

Related forum threads

Login to post