论坛

New Year Dates

hslaaa (7 posts) • 0

Does anyone have a firm idea of the dates for the New Year vacations in 2011? Our school is notoriously vague at this kind of thing.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I'm guessing hslaaa was looking for the Chinese New Year's holiday schedule...

NYC1983 (10 posts) • 0

Yes, Jan 1-3 are days off in China, but some private language schools (like my school) still operating during those days.

In regard to Chinese New Year in 2011, it is on Feb 3. Some Chinese start their holiday one week before. It is normal thing in China, the schools (or staffs) do not know of their schedule for the holidays until it is 1-2 months before the holiday (if you are lucky enough, sometime they let you know a week before). They do not plan ahead, like most western countries with their holidays schedule. If you are planning for a getaway or vacation during the Chinese New Year, I suggest you just make your plan and then, let your school know you will not be available during those days (between middle of Jan to middle of Feb). Don't wait for the school to tell you about the holiday schedule, unless you just plan to just stay in town.

fogdear (99 posts) • 0

if you're a student then it may be like my school. we finish jan 6 (or 7) and return around feb 22 ish.

Related forum threads

Login to post