论坛

Getting a chinese visa in hong kong

tsunami (3 posts) • 0

Has anybody ever got a new visa or extended a current one in hong kong? If so, can i please have details of exactly where and the process involved, thanks.

vic077 (12 posts) • 0

yeah just go to the Chinese consulate and apply. Google their website and it'll give you the info. I am Canadian and had no problems-3 days was express, 4 is regular, and express is 1 day if you need it that quick.

oviedo (3 posts) • 0

How to get a chinese visa in Hong Kong:

www.chinahighlights.com/[...]

Moreover there are several travel agencies in the city that doing the job for you. Apply before 10am and they provide it for the same day 6pm.
Exemple:
Take the MTR Railway from Shenzhen (Luohu )to Central (name of the station) and go to EVERBEST, Address: Ground Floor, 28B Stanley Street, Central, HK.
Tel: 2522-1985 www.hkstreet.com/misc/agent_everbest.htm

But you can also leave the MTR at HungHom and take a small bus to Tsimshautsui (15 minutes). There are several other agencies doin this job.

Good luck!

somenick (107 posts) • 0

"Not all nations are allowed to do so in HongKong"
Q1) Can someone confirm this? What nationalities are not allowed VISA in HK?
Q2) I was also told that travel agencies in HK might be able to get longer term visa's. Anyone know any travel agencies in HK that apply for VISA's to China?
Q3) I found out that I need a visa to get into HK, could I apply for one in Shenzhen, if so, where?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It might help if you answer some Qs

What nationality are you?

What kind of visa are you on now?

What kind of visa do you want?

somenick (107 posts) • 0

I'm Lebanese, one of a kind in Kunming.
I'm on a Resident permit, renewed once, now expired but my contract also expired, and I can't find an employer to extend.
Ideally, I'd like to extend my Z-visa, but I'm not picky.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

I always use www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk
Nice, helpful and fast.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If you are not changing the status of your visa, e.g. a 'Z' for a 'Z' then you should not have to leave China.

However, if you change from your 'Z' to an 'F', for example, you will need a border run.

There are a number of employers looking for people, ESL and other teachers now. They are desperate as some start new programs/terms April 6th. The fact that you are not a native speaker may not bother them so close to the deadline.

Related forum threads

Login to post