论坛

Translation of drivers license, where?

smr11 (5 posts) • 0

Where can get my European language drivers license translated for 50 - 100 Kuai? Where dont they take to important what they translate (because its to abstract that the 1b in Europe is now A1 which means 125 cc)?

I have to present that translation in this place where I receive the Chinese drivers license, so I guess it should be an official stamp on it...

Thanks for the help.

mingdao (40 posts) • 0

There is a designated place for this in Kunming. If you ask the people where you are applying for the Chinese driver's license, they should be able to give you the address. It is in the downtown area, just off Jin Bi Lu close to Xi Chang Lu. That little road might be Guofang Lu. (I had this done in 2005, but when we were last in Kunming in February that office was still there.)

Also, maybe ask Ten West or another driver training school.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Complete information for Chinese Drivers License

Step 1 – Translation of current License:

The Translators Association of Yunnan Province - 云南翻译工作者协会.
#2 Guo Fang Road - 国防路2 – Is located on the corner of Jin Bi Road + Guo Fang Road. Go to Jin Bi Road - Mi Le Si Bus Stop – Bus: 4, 62, 90, 120, 148, A1.
Walk 1 block east to Guo Fang Road – Opposite of Xi Chang Road.
Cost: 40 RMB for translation.
Phone: 4145503 or 4196335.

Online Quiz - www.chinacartimes.com/quiz/

Step 2 – What to bring:

1. Drivers License + Translated Drivers License + Copies.
2. Passport and Visa + copies.
3. Household Registration form.
4. 5 Passport Photos.
5. 60 RMB for the exam.
6. 12 RMB for the physical.
7. 10 RMB for the license.

Step 3 – Where to go:

Thursday is Foreigner Day –

Bus A6: Stops directly in front of the Vehicle Management Station.
Bus: 3, 66, 73, 95, 107, 118, 206, 213, 229, A8, C137, K12 (Jing Kai Qu Guan Wei Hui). Stops directly in front of the China Post Office – Turn right to # 12 Jing Kai Road.
Kunming Shi Che Guan Suo – 昆明市车管所 – Kunming Vehicle Management Station.
Phone – 7267863

Related forum threads

Login to post