论坛

Bring dog back to Europe

elmar (7 posts) • 0

Hi,

I'm leaving Kunming in a couple of months and would like to take my dog back to Europe (Belgium). I heard it's very difficult, but possible. Does anybody have some information of how to do it?

Thanks !!!

Kiwi3 (61 posts) • 0

Here is some info kindly provided by a friend of mine who shipped their Golden Retriever from Shanghai to Germany:

We found an agent in Shanghai and they finalize all the procedures for us. The pet will need to wait 90 days in China after the application procedures start. This time period includes taking the blood sample from the pet, sending the sample to UK and after the raby report is finalized, waiting for another 60 days. The process is as following:
- plant chips - this should be done already if the dog has a Chinese license already
- present the Chinese rabies record or get the pet a rabies shot
- take the blood sample after the rabies shot
- send the sample to UK
- get the report from UK for test
- if the test result is positive (perhaps they mean negative?), wait 60 days till the pet can go out of China
- prepare other documents - this I cannot remember clearly, basically is to prepare a health certificate signed off by Chinese authority
- book a flight with air-coned cargo cabinet for dog
- boarding together with the dog

The additional flight cost will vary. This depend on which airline your friend will choose. I flied with Lufthansa and they charged 50 euro per each kilo - same as additional luggage. BTW, the weight is the total of the dog plus the cage, food and drink. So I paid 1500 euros.

Basically with the help of the agent - they even helped me with check in, it was very easy for me.

What I would like to suggest is that your friend tries to find an agent in Kunming.

I have the contact details of the agent in Shanghai, not sure if that would help being in Kunming.

Related forum threads

Login to post