论坛

New forum for expats in Kunming

misseward (35 posts) • 0

Now, now everybody. While it may be a bit cheeky for old mate to be posting up about his new forum in GoKunming, I really don't see what the problem is with the expats in Kunming having more than one place to go to to ask questions, seek advice, etc. GoKunming is an excellent site and resource and I don't think any other person around here would have the dedication to produce anything that would come close to comparing with the local stories, information, what's on this weekend, etc that this site offers.

But another forum? Who the hell cares? Actually, it's something to be happy about. Most cities of Kunming's size the world over would have about 50 such websites people could go to for information. In my hometown in Australia, smaller than Kunming, I can think of about 15 sites off the top of my head. Having more places to look up information and connect with people online is a sign that a city is growing, and frankly, that's a damn good thing.

And the guy who made the website was right in one thing - the style of forum he has set up is better than the one here. No offence to GoKunming, but looking back through the archives to try to find information is really difficult on this site. I don't see what's wrong with having two, take it easy on the dude for god's sake, I doubt he's set this thing up as a devious plan to "knock GoKunming off the top spot!"

inkunming (6 posts) • 0

Hi tahoe,

This is my reply to you. I quote your questions you had, and answer them :

- tahoe : "How long have you lived in Kunming or Yunnan or China."
I have lived 4 years in Shanghai and 1 year in Kunming, so, it is totally 5 years in China.

- tahoe : "Where is "here" or more specifically where are you located in Kunming or are you running this site from somewhere other than Kunming or Yunnan"

I'm located in Kunming and this website is 100% run in Kunming.

- tahoe : "Do you have an office?"

No, I have no office regarding inkunming, because I do this website as a hobby. But, even as a hobby, I operate it with professionalism.

- tahoe : "How can we meet you and other people involved in designing this forum?"

Should I swear allegiance ?

- tahoe : "If you are located in Kunming or Yunnan who built and designed this new forum?"

Me.

- tahoe : "(and believe me, there have been plenty of other attempts at forums and websites similar to Gokunming that have started and failed over the past 6 years I have lived here)"

All my congratulations.

Honestly, I don't think that inkunming will change anything regarding your website. People will spend more time on the internet, visiting the two websites, rather just visiting one. Our two websites are complimentary, and contain different informations. If there are more websites, the expat community in Kunming will benefit from it.

About the relationship between our two websites, I never thought of doing something like "overcome" your website. I am rather in favor of a peaceful coexistence between our two websites.

yunnanrose (9 posts) • 0

Tahoe: This is your big chance to grab some of those shares in gokunming! And with your vast experience, and your computer knowledge you would be an asset to their operation. Since some people think you run it -- go for it!

Welcome "inkunming", and of course 2 websites are always more interesting than one. Maybe you have designed some of your website, but it sure looks similar to the "generic" Zhengzhou Forum. In fact, very much so.

Kunming is small -- swear your allegiance! ( well, you did ask if you should).

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.