论坛

International driver license?

Asafrpei (19 posts) • 0

Hi everyone!, i know there are couple os posts about this drver license topic... my question is simple (and sorry if it has been answered already), can you get an international driver license here in Kunming? if so how much is it? i dont have a driver license in my country, so i guess i have also to take a course with a driving school... right? thanks in advance!

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

I would very much doubt you can get an international driving licence in China. The standards are completely different.

You may be able to get a chinese driving licence but I'm not sure about doing it without a foreign licence to start with. If you have a licence from another country you can take a paper test to have it converted into a chinese one. If you don't have this you'll probably have to do all the classes (in Chinese) and practical examination (in Chinese).

barekarma (11 posts) • 0

Hi Asafrpei,
The International Driving Licence is a translation of an existing recognised driving licence. Foreign driving licences are not accepted in China, and nor is a IDL. If you have a foreign driving licence and have driven in the last three years, then you only need to pass a theory test to get a Chinese Driving Licence, but if you have no driving licence you will probably need to go thorough all the same hoops as a Chinese person wanting to drive here. Good luck.

Related forum threads

Login to post