论坛

Music for the 30-something year old

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Got stuck in front of the computer today listening to some of my favourite music from the 80s, 90s and 00s (still not sure what to call the last one, the nills??). Anyway,, feel free to add some songs that you feel should be included as some of the greats.

Don't hate for including a Nickelback song. I don't like them usually, always felt that Kroeger's voice was strained and didn't sound natural but "Someday" is just awesome.

Nickelback- Someday
Disturbed- Land of Confusion
Linkin Park- In the End
Weezer- Buddy Holly
Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag
Caesars Palace- Jerk it out
Say Anything- Alive with the glory of love
Jimmy Eat World- The Sweetness
Pearl Jam- Jeremy
Smashing Pumpkins- Today
Alice in Chains- The Rooster
Megadeth- Angry Again
Oasis- Live Forever
Blur- Charmless Man
Volbeat- Sad Man's Tongue
Guns'n'Roses- Sweet Child o' mine
Motorhead- Ace of Spades
Van Halen- Jump

"Jump" hehe,, my favourite football team takes the field to that song. Had to include it. I could have taken lots of music from Tom Petty over U2 to Fall Out Boy but there is just something about electric guitars and a song full of energy I just can't overlook.

Sorry to any Chinese users who feel strongly about Britney and Backstreet Boys but it just aint my thing.

DagInge (15 posts) • 0

Wrong decade. Where's the 1970's? I want a bar with Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin!

Add ZZ Top to the 80's, at least, together with Alice Cooper.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Forgot about Alice. I'll immediately put "Poison" on Baidu. Deep Purple and Led were a bit before my time but I can dig some ZZ Top for sure.

I feel like throwing a few more out there: U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday", Tom Petty "Learning to Fly", Bruce Hornsby "That's just the way it is", BTO "You aint seen nothin' yet", Chris Rea "The road to hell", Murray Head "One night in Bangkok", REM "The end of the world as we know it", Robbie Williams "The road to Mandalay", Suede "We are the pigs", Weezer "Island in the sun" and one of my all time favourites: The The "Slow emotion replay"

PerNordin (50 posts) • 0

I doubt many would like my list from around the 70s 80s...
David Bowie "Warszawa"
Henry Cow "Ruins"
Univers Zero "Carabosse"
Pink Floyd "Dogs"
Morton Subotnic "The Wild Bull" part 1
Steve Reich "Music for 18 Musicians"
Oh... and Cindy Lauper "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", if you take the 45rpm single and play it att 33 instead :D
Well... the list can go on, but you get the picture.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Gosh - - y'all left off most important ones:
Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Eddy Arnold, Hank Thompson, Loretta Lynn, and - - of course - - Elvis!!

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Danmairen is a 30-something? Holy cow. I always figured he was a student at the local international school.

Related forum threads

Login to post